Marketplace digital product / No security for download link at all???

Just made a couple of test with Marketpress for digital downloads and noticed that if I email the download link to a friend, he is able to download the product without any trouble...

Is this supposed to work like this???

Thanks,

Paolo

• Jonathan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@paoltaia,

I think the download limit default is 5 downloads. You can change this in your marketpress general settings page to eg. maximum downloads 1. But as for restricting downloads to purchaser only, this isn't possible with marketpress as I understand it - I could be wrong though :wink:

Hope that helps a bit... :wink:

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Right, as Jonathan is saying, you can limit the number of downloads but currently, the downloads are accessible by anyone who knows the urls.

If you limit the downloads to 1, they'd be able to download once, and you could possibly manually allow for additional downloads upon request.

Cheers,
    David

• poltaj
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yep... having a look at the download code, looks like mp checks only if prod is paid and download limit isn't reached.

I have a custom function we built to check if currently logged in user has bought a particular product before allowing him to rate it... guess I'll disallow downloads for non logged in users and use that against downloads too...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.