Marketplace Fatal error breaks backend

Sorry for the multiple postings. I tried to fix it and seems I made it worse.

First error below. I got this when I was in the Network Settings. I was looking for the Blog Template area, and the page reloaded while I was in the wrong area.

So then I got this error -
Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/XXXXXXXX/public_html/market/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/marketpress-ms.php on line 220

Trying to fix it, I copied over a clean version of the file, and I could get into the backend again. Doing that lost all my payment gateway settings so I tried to put them back in and the backend blew out and is now giving me the same error.

• Mrinal
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kelly,

Really sorry for the issue you're facing, it could be plugin conflict. Did you tried deactivating all non WPMU Dev plugin & then using Marketplace, checking for the issue? Please do so & then let us know.

• Mrinal
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kelly,

Please browse your site files via FTP or any File Manager then find wp-content/plugins folder Now delete/rename the marketplace plugin folder from it.

Then your site will be normal, Grant Access to your site to us, so we can try to install Marketplace again in correct way

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Kelly,

Thanks for posting back.

Before we can change the settings and test it for you, we need to find out when exactly its appearing (the error)

Is it happening when you click on a specific link etc ?

Perhaps for some reason when installing some data got corrupted.

First of all take a backup of your database.

Then visit phpmyadmin and then drop the marketpress tables (starting with mp_) and then deactivate and reactivate the plugin and try again.

The reason I am asking to take a backup is so that if you have data in MarketPress, that can be saved and we can find the root cause.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Kelly
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi there -

It happens when I click every link as long as MP is activated.

So I dropped the tables, deactivated ALL the plugins, uninstalled MP and reinstalled.
    Same error as soon as I "network activate"

Luckily the site is not live and only has a small amount of test data in it.

I'm wondering if I should just drop the entire db and do a fresh install of everything?

• Kelly

ok< I found the issue.
    Its the settings for the Global Checkout using Paypal Express Checkout.

What I did was wipe out the entire DB and WP install and start over fresh. when I got to the step to activate Marketpress and then configure the settings everything was fine until I did this:

**THE FOLLOWING STEP IS TO ENABLE GLOBAL CART**
    Under Settings > MarketPress > General Settings choose "No" for Limit Global widgets to main blog. Set Enable Global cart to "Yes." Under Gateway permissions, set each one to "No Access" except for Paypal Express Checkout. Press Save.

As soon as I Set Enable Global cart to "Yes."
    thats when the Fatal error on multisite pops back up.

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/XXXXXXXXX/public_html/XXXXXXX/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/marketpress-ms.php on line 220

But now I can't enable anything using WPMU - I get this error There was a problem enabling support staff access. Please check that you have Admin permissions and that this site is enabled in the API.

• Kelly

OK, well I did a total resinstall of epic proportions, and got farther, then it threw an error:
    Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'MP_Gateway_Paypal_Express::network_settings_save' was given in /home/handmade/public_html/marketplace/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 192

When I tried to enable the PayPal Express Checkout.

OK, Update #2:
    It looks like this line was the culprit:

function add_rewrite_rules($rules){
    //$settings = get_site_option('mp_network_settings');

Once I commented that out, everything seems to work. Technically I don't have Marketpress "Network Activated" in the main admin area, its activated at the Template level.

So now on the backend it looks like things work but when I create a shop and upload products, nothing displays on the user-end.

Access is set until May 27th if you could take a look for me, thanks!
    Thanks!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Kelly,

I see that you got 2 sites enabled for staff access. Which site should we test on ?

Also can you send the FTP and cpanel details so that we have them handy while testing. As just the remote access will not help here.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP, cPanel & WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers, PC

• Kelly

Email sent but I forgot to mark it PC.

...sigh...

Yeah it looks like when I was trying to completely reinstall and setup the network that I may have setup 2 of them? Not quite sure....
    There should only be one site with one network.
    Thanks

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Kelly,

Thanks for your email.

It seems like there has been a mistake. When I try to access the site, it says :

You don't have permission to access /marketplace/ on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Perhaps there is a typo ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

I have been able to replicate this when changing from Use Global shopping cart from Yes to no.

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/wpdemo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/marketpress-ms.php on line 220

I have sent a note to our lead developer so that he can look into this.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.