[Marketplace] Local Pickup Vs. Delivery and Variations Question

I really want to leave Woo Commerce - however there are a few features I need. I gave marketplace a look a year ago - just want to see where we are. First - we use eCommerce for our Deli. We don't deliver or ship. Everything is local pickup. Can we do that with this? We also want to pick dates/time for pickup. Also some products are by weight. For example - we sell hamburger meat by the pound. People need to be able to buy things by the pound. Can we do all this?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Michael

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

First - we use eCommerce for our Deli. We don't deliver or ship. Everything is local pickup. Can we do that with this?

There's no "local pickup" option but the shipping calculation can be disabled in the plugin. In such case there'll be no shipping price calculated and charged for any purchases. While the plugin allows you to allow "guest purchases" (or for logged in users only or both cases) there'll still be a requirement for the client to provide a billing/shipping address. I believe though that with a small help of our developers we could help you hide a "shipping" part completely from front end.

As a result: client would only have to provide his billing data and make payment but there's be no suggestions of shipping being possible.

We also want to pick dates/time for pickup.

I'm afraid that's not possible currently, there's no option for "schedule" pickup. That would require custom coding which, I'm afraid, might be outside of the scope of this support. However, if you'd explain to me how this should work (what would be the expected flow), I could ask our developers if we could help you with this. Please note: I'm not able to promise solution but I'll be happy to ask them and if it's only doable, we'll be glad to assist.

We also want to pick dates/time for pickup. Also some products are by weight. For example - we sell hamburger meat by the pound. People need to be able to buy things by the pound.

There's no "specific feature" for this but there's a regular inventory tracking so I imagine that you could actually add a product like "Beef - 1 pound" and a customer could simply buy 2, 3 or more. The downside is that there's no option to buy "fraction of a product" so they wouldn't be able to buy 1.5 pound. Changing this would require a whole new custom feature to be added. But if a "round numbers" are fine, that should do the trick.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.