Marketplace plugin and wpplugins.com

After reviewing the Marketplace plugin and visiting one of your websites wpplugins.com, I wonder did you guys use Marketpress plugin to build this website? (I hope this won't be a secret :slight_smile: )

Also I have few questions here if you guys don't mind:

1. I created an account at wpplugins.com as a plugin seller. After logging I can see that I can add the plugin through a form which very much look like a WP post, so I wonder was this done something like Gravity plugin? or something else? and if something else would you mind sharing it with us?

2. Regarding customizing the admin section, did you guys depend on a plugin or you did it all by yourself from scratch? I mean customized it without depending on any plugin

I am quite impressed with the admin section customization and how products are displayed, especially the product page (example: http://wpplugins.com/plugin/720/dp-widgets-plus/) which I also wonder is this a regular post with customized output? I mean does this plugin page represent a regular post with customized output based on custom fields?

Thanks in advance for your help

• Barry

Hi
    No secrets - well not many anyway. The wpplugins.com site is, as is usual with us, a basic WP install and a few plugins to customise things.

It doesn't use Marketpress no, it uses a few custom plugins developed specifically for that site.

1. I created an account at wpplugins.com as a plugin seller. After logging I can see that I can add the plugin through a form which very much look like a WP post, so I wonder was this done something like Gravity plugin? or something else? and if something else would you mind sharing it with us?

No, the plugin add / edit / update list and forms are all custom admin pages. They use custom post types but take-over from WP to handle the UI.

2. Regarding customizing the admin section, did you guys depend on a plugin or you did it all by yourself from scratch? I mean customized it without depending on any plugin

It's another custom plugin - this one allows us to use an "admin-theme" that takes over the header and footer of the admin area and only leave the admin page content displayed in the middle (though with custom css).

I mean does this plugin page represent a regular post with customized output based on custom fields?

Custom post template in the theme (using single-posttype.php format) and where available custom shortcodes to pull in the extra information.

Thanks in advance for your help

No problem, though I don't think I've been much help I'm afraid :slight_smile:

• DanOne

Sorry for opening this old topic again but is it possible to share the wpplugins.com shop / maretplace plugin with us?

I would like to create similar marketplace for themes where user should be able to submit themes from the frontend and I want to use single user wp.

I also checked MarketPress but it seems to be oversized because every seller needs to create his own blog to be able to add products. I would love to have the same easy-to-use site like wpplugins.com

Best regards,
    DanOne

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.