Marketplace Upfront Builder Error

Hi.

We are investigating using Marketplace for a future project. We have Upfront Builder installed and no other plugins. Create a mock product, view the product, click Upfront to add in the default footer / CTA regions we would use on all other pages, save and the site breaks.

The message flags up, Published but then a grey block appears on the page, the rest of the page is greyed out, as per the screenshot attached. Nothing can be clicked - the whole page is now broken. Refresh the url - no changes have been saved. No way to style the product and save. Is there a problem with Marketplace breaking Upfront and is there a fix?

Thanks.

• Sajid

Hello Martin,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Could you please first make a plugin/theme conflict test as described in our getting support manual (see flowchart - I am attaching here for convenience).

If it does not turn out to be a conflict, then please enable support staff access so I could take a closer look.

To grant access go to Dashboard -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid

Hello Martin,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for enabling support staff access. I could replicate this issue on your site as well as on my own test site.

To be sure, I could replicate both issues. The price out going to 0 and grey overlay while saving changes.

However, please note that, it still does update the content and save the changes. Price only zeroed out when editing the product with Upfront.

I am marking it as confirmed bug and notifying the developer so it could be fixed as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, you can use the Upfront Builder instead of Upfront Editor and create the theme there since you already started creating a theme from scratch.

So here are the steps.

1. Go to front end of your site while being logged in as Administrator user.

2. Hover over Upfront in admin bar and click on Builder -> Modify current theme.

3. Now click on Layouts and select MarketPress Product from Select New layout to create dropdown.

4. Click on Create Layout and start building the page.

You can do this for all layouts of of your site right from Upfront Builder.

If settings does not apply then you have to Reset Your theme from WP Dashboard -> Upfront -> General -> Debug Options -> Reset Theme.

Yes, it will delete all layouts and styling created with Upfront Editor. So if you want to keep that then you have to take backup or create a new theme from scratch.

Thanks for bringing into our attention and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.