Marketpress 1.1.8 drops settings of site admin

Marketpress 1.1.8 keeps on dropping settings that site admin had set. Don't know why, but after entering the settings such as Fees to collect and so on, click save changes at the bottom, and everything will be saved, but after couple days, relogin as site admin, click on marketpress and everything has gone empty/blank inside the boxes.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

That's really bizarre. I haven't noticed this on any of my installs of this plugin. It's only MarketPress that's dropping your settings?

Do you have anything in your server's error logs? Has this only started recently (since updating one of the plugins or WordPress)? A bit more info and we'll help ya get it sorted. Perhaps Aaron has some thoughts on this as well.

Thanks!

• Aaron
    • CTO

I can't think what could do this either. What is the value of the "mp_network_settings" site option in the sitemeta table when this happens?

If the option got deleted entirely, it would revert to the default install settings. So all I can think is something messing with your db or a caching plugin is messing up the site option.

• argh2xxx
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I'm using eaccellerator for caching PHP, I'm not sure this is the problem or not. Also, click on WPMU DEV link provides by update notification plugin creates similar problem as Marketpress where its WPMU DEV API Key resets to blank. Update the WPMU DEV API Key, and everything is fine just for that particular session until I click on WPMU DEV link again, and the key is sure to be gone again.

Looking at mp settings and it's serialized data. This has any important meaning to you in finding out the problem for Marketpress on my site? Thanks...

• argh2xxx
    • The Incredible Code Injector

OK, I give up, Marketpress keeps on resetting site admin settings so I can't really use chained payment settings and so on. Serialized data for MP Settings always appears in gray letters "Serialized Data" and cannot be changed -- no matter it's before or after the reset.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.