marketpress 2.5 installation error

I just downloaded and installed the new Marketpress version 2.5. As soon as I activated it I got this error message
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\Users\Richard\Documents\Websites\www.ecommerce.dev\wp-content\plugins\marketpress\marketpress-includes\plugins-gateway\ideal.php on line 397

Anyone have any idea what is wrong here?

thanks,
MMwebmarketer

• aecnu

Greetings MMwebmarketer,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I just downloaded and installed the new Marketpress version 2.5. As soon as I activated it I got this error message
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\Users\Richard\Documents\Websites\www.ecommerce.dev\wp-content\plugins\marketpress\marketpress-includes\plugins-gateway\ideal.php on line 397

Anyone have any idea what is wrong here?

This appears that you are running it on your own personal computer or possibly a Windows 7 operating system in the wrong directory if it is a server.

This file is meant to be run on a web server and you would install it in a hosted installed WordPress MultiSite system in wp-content -->plugins

Once again the folder paths suggest you are trying to run it from a PC.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• MMwebmarketer

The first answer appears to be correct. I wanted to try out the plugin on my computer's web server instead of a hosted site.

I use Desktop Server which automatically sets up Apache and MySQL and installs Wordpress 3.3.1 on my computer. I have 5 Websites in development using this system and so far it has been great for plugin evaluation and testing or building themes.

Didn't know marketPress wouldn't work on a web server on my computer. All of the plugins I have ever tried before have worked just fine using this method. I prefer to test things before I install them on a client's website. I tried an earlier version of MarketPress on a client website and was not happy with the results at all.

Any reason it has to be on a hosted site?

Thanks,

MMwebmarketer

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.