MarketPress 2.8 Beta

Ok guys, it's taken long enough for this. We have a HUGE update to MarketPress for you to try!

Lots of bugfixes, but most importantly try out the new features, these check off some of your most requested items:
- Added built in grid views!
- Add in AJAX dropdown category and order filters to listings pages
- Add optional breadcrumbs to checkout process steps
- Added ability to trash/delete orders and adjusts stock counts accordingly
- Add featured image import support to the CSV importer
- Add a "clone product" functionality

Let me know if you run into any issues, I really want to release this week!

Here is the full changelog:
- Add default product images
- Add hooks for custom shipping methods and tracking links
- Forced shipping option recalculation when Country changes.
- Fix bug with product list widget when ordering by price or sales
- Fix missing closing tag in global widget breaking drag and drop
- Fix shipping settings save filter for method plugins
- Error check in Manual Payments gateway: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/bug-with-manual-payment
- Fixed 10525 Paypal errors in global cart checkouts
- Change the "from" price shown on variation listings to the lowest
- Change PayPal generated timestamps for server timezone support
- Fix double trigger of 'mp_order_paid' hook
- Added APO state codes to the marketpress-data.php so addresses can make it past PayPal's address checker,
- Use "APO", "FPO" or "DPO" for the City and 10 digit Zip code.
- Sorted USPS shipping choices in Ascending order so that the lowest price will be the default.
- Changed the Shipping sub options <select> to a select box instead of a dropdown.
- Other minor bug/notice fixes

• Justin
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I've uploaded this latest beta and I like the grid view it's better but not sure I like the mouse-over popup. I'd like to see the option of removing the popup effect and simply have the thumbnail with the price and the option of having one or both 'Add to Cart' or 'Buy Now' buttons published.

Another thing I noticed was there was no option to display products per line. When I turn on gridview it displays, (disproportionately) two products per line. Couldn't this be more elastic so it takes up the entire content area? Maybe offer a setting that allows products to be displayed 1 thru 4 products per line and no matter what setting is chosen, it takes up the entire content area.

Also, the store listing in grid view is h3 by default in our store. This is sort of big and cut off from displaying the full title. Maybe offer a choice of the text formatting for the grid listing display. I don't really want titles truncated and they don't need to be an H3 tag.

Another think I'd like to see is for the shopper to choose how many products are displayed per page with a default set up by the webmaster.

I've just installed it, working with some of the setting and getting acquainted with the changes.

Thanks for the updates and hard work dedicated to this much needed plugin for wordpress. :slight_smile:

• christina_hooper
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for the updates! I'm going to download the beta and start testing it.

Any ideas on if Fedex and/or UPS shipping methods are going to be integrated in this release? I see that you've added: "Add hooks for custom shipping methods and tracking links" - but didn't know if that meant that we will finally be able to had Fedex and/or UPS in MarketPress.

• christina_hooper

@Aaron - thanks for the prompt reply.

"Add hooks for custom shipping methods and tracking links" <- will that make it any easier to go in and add FexEx or UPS ourselves?

It looks like people have been requesting other shipping methods to be integrated for quite some time now - is there any kind of plan to do that in the near future?

Or plans to at least release something pointing us in the right direction of adding it ourselves?

• Aaron
    • CTO

No, that's so that a custom shipping module can create it's own tracking links. UPS and Fedex tracking links are already built in.

Since we released the USPS shipping module, MP has fully supported the creation of other calculated shipping modules. We haven't had a chance to code the others yet, they'll probably be a part of 2.9 or for sure 3.0.

• Aaron
    • CTO

I've uploaded this latest beta and I like the grid view it's better but not sure I like the mouse-over popup. I'd like to see the option of removing the popup effect and simply have the thumbnail with the price and the option of having one or both 'Add to Cart' or 'Buy Now' buttons published.

The problem is price and a buy button cannot fit in the default grid item width. Especially if it's a variation.

Another thing I noticed was there was no option to display products per line. When I turn on gridview it displays, (disproportionately) two products per line. Couldn't this be more elastic so it takes up the entire content area? Maybe offer a setting that allows products to be displayed 1 thru 4 products per line and no matter what setting is chosen, it takes up the entire content area.

This is always the problem with grids, they are highly theme dependant. This is a fluid css grid with floating block elements, not a fixed column table. CSS will float as many items horizontally as will fit in the column width, if you have a flexible layout, you would see this as the page is resized. You should be able to adjust the grid items by changing the product list thumbnail size.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @Aaron, I more than likely won't have a chance to check out the beta or new version until after my surgery on the 11th.

I do have a question or feature request I had mentioned in the past about shipping options.

Is there now a way to retain shipping weight prices in the even we switch over to say USPS and then decide to change back? Or the ability to offer different shipping options assigned at the product level?

Thanks! Looking forward to checking this out.

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

@aaron this is good, fixed a few issues I have.

One issue that is still in this version, is that in 'product linting mode' whilst at summery level the price is now display (correctly now thanks) from ... when you go to the full product listing there is no price, ideally a table of variations and prices would be displayed (or at least the pull down that is there when full shop mode is on)

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

Currently I use a child of GridMarket. I have tested with FrameMarket and can see the Ajax pull downs operate on store/products, however in GridMarket they do not.

Can you point me towards how I should incorporate the Ajax pull downs into my theme?

• Aaron
    • CTO

Gridmarket implements its own completely custom templates and loop for product lists, so does not support the filters. We will have to build that in.

Will multi-level product variations be made available in 2.9 or 3.0?

Probably 3.0 as it's gonna be a nightmare rewrite.

'product listing mode'

In listing mode the single products are not even supposed to be seen. My recollection is that prices are meant to not show at all for either. But I can take a quick look.

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

In listing mode the single products are not even supposed to be seen. My recollection is that prices are meant to not show at all for either. But I can take a quick look.

Hopefully you are mistaken! We use it as a catalogue for our clients that want to show off their range but not offer the abilty to purchase online, so the single product detail & price is important to them.

• bliedel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Aaron - What about a stop-gap solution for multi-level variations? Many variations don't require any pricing changes, we just need to know what selections the customer would like. Would it be possible to add dropdown fields to a product so that the customer can choose variations without affecting price?

• bliedel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

First of all: I *LOVE* that you have added steps to the cart and that you have changed the shipping method to a select box instead of dropdown menu.

I caught a potential bug for ya.

Start with
    --------------
    Address: Schulstrasse 4
    City: Bad Oyenhausen
    State: Michigan
    Postal/Zip Code: 48854

Change to
    --------------
    Postal/Zip Code: 32547

Select say....First-Class Mail Parcel (2-4 days) - $2.80 + $0.00 handling
    (Price should be around 8 bucks, not 2.80, the prices didn't get refreshed for the country)

Press "Continue Checkout"

Cart explodes. It gives a "The webpage cannot be found" error. Hitting the back button fixes the shipping method prices.

It gets the job done well enough, preventing someone from exploiting your cart for cheaper shipping, but I don't think that is the exact behavior you were probably shooting for.

• bliedel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Found another bug. (sorry!)

Here are the steps previous to producing the bug:

Start with
    --------------
    Address: Schulstrasse 4
    City: Bad Oyenhausen
    State: Michigan
    Postal/Zip Code: 48854

Change to
    --------------
    Postal/Zip Code: 32547

DO NOT SELECT SHIPPING OR HIT CONTINUE CHECKOUT YET!!!!!! Instead, at this point I went back to my product list, then clicked on my View Cart/Checkout option. It blew up and I can't get back into the cart.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cmp() (previously declared in /home/admin/public_html/test/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-shipping/mp-usps.php:863) in /home/admin/public_html/test/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-shipping/mp-usps.php on line 863

Going back to the store list and then back to the cart again, I cannot get back into the cart, I only get this error now. Closing the browser and reopening it got me back to an empty cart and a working store again.

Thanks,
    Brad

• bliedel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Bug #3:

I am using Paypal Express Checkout. I had two items in my cart. Upon reaching the "Confirm" step I recieved:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/admin/public_html/test/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-shipping/mp-usps.php on line 514

Review Cart»Shipping»Checkout»Confirm»Thankyou

Everything in the cart LOOKS fine, but the error appears at the top, which probably won't give much customer confidence. :wink:

I tried changing a few things, restarted my browser, emptied my cart, put a different product in there, different # of products, etc. I get this error on the Confirm screen every time.

• bliedel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

FYI - Those first two bugs I can live with, but the third bug is a showstopper. Is there any chance you could post the fix if/when you find it? There were some issues with the current version that stopped me from going live with a customer site, but were fixed in this beta. If I can get past bug #3, I can go live tomorrow night.

• nate_petersen
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but WPeC I think gets away with child pages for the variations? So you create a variation as a separate taxonomy (Shirt Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL say) and create an item "Awesome Shirt" - you select the predefined variation (something highly desirable as opposed to manually recreating for each item; I can't imagine doing so for 30k items) and it generates the child pages, using the main item as the template, so the child products inherit all of the traits.

Is that too much? To allow the products to have child products for variations? Should allow one to cycle through with almost all of the same features, they'd just be linked back to that parent no?

• bliedel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Here's line 514 (in bold) and the lines preceding and following it:

$this->country = $country;
    $this->destination_zip = $zip;

foreach ($cart as $product_id => $variations) {
    $shipping_meta = get_post_meta($product_id, 'mp_shipping', true);
    foreach($variations as $variation => $product) {
    $qty = $product['quantity'];
    $this->weight += floatval($shipping_meta['weight']) * $qty;
    }
    }

I don't have any product variations. I did add variations to a product the other day, but subsequently removed them. I wanted to add this information in case it has any bearing on troubleshooting the issue.

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

@aaron obviously you are in beta so a longway down the road, but one of my issues has been filtering products cross category and tag. In other words, looking for all 'subgroup' that have 'feature'.

The new ajax filter gets me half way there, but is there any scope of it being extended ( even if it means me custom coding based on what is there) to become a double filter, categories and tags.

I posted an more detailed explanation here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/market-press-products-in-multiple-categories but didn't get any usable answers 'out of the box' so to speak.

Best regards, Alan

• Protospace

What about a stop-gap solution for multi-level variations? Many variations don't require any pricing changes, we just need to know what selections the customer would like. Would it be possible to add dropdown fields to a product so that the customer can choose variations without affecting price?

I'll echo the desire to have a variation that's not tied to a price change...

I will say, though, that sometimes I want a variation (like a color) that isn't a different price, but still needs inventory tracking.

This is exactly why e-commerce systems are so complicated...

(imagine selling pizza where the price for the toppings is based on the size of the pizza and the topping - is it a fixed price, a percentage relative to pizza size...) PS: I'm not asking for the pizza example :wink:

• bliedel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok, so not sure this is the best way to go about fixing this error, but I was able to stop the line 514 error by adding the following bold lines to the code. This will at least let me go live with the cart tonight.

$this->country = $country;
    $this->destination_zip = $zip;

if (is_array($cart))
    {

foreach ($cart as $product_id => $variations) {
    $shipping_meta = get_post_meta($product_id, 'mp_shipping', true);
    foreach($variations as $variation => $product) {
    $qty = $product['quantity'];
    $this->weight += floatval($shipping_meta['weight']) * $qty;
    }
    }
    }

// Got our totals make sure we're in decimal pounds.
    $this->weight = $this->as_pounds($this->weight);

• bliedel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I just noticed that the product weights do not allow decimals in the pounds or ounces fields, even though decimals are allowed in the main USPS shipping configuration page when setting up your boxes. How much trouble would it be to allow decimals instead of rounding them? We have an item that is .6 ounces and it really throws shipping prices off if a customer orders a large number of them.

• tiffanyak
    • New Recruit

I just smooshed a bug inside the USPS module today (on a previous version). I don't know if you were aware of it, but I couldn't find anything about it specifically in the community, and it's a super easy fix. I noted that we were unable to specify any custom packaging that was of the LARGE specification. Or rather, when we did, USPS returned an error response. After exposing the response and doing some research, it looks like the rate v4 function incorrectly placed the machinable tag ABOVE the width, length, etc. tags for LARGE packages. I moved one line of code to fix it (moved the machinable tag below the if statement to check for large packages). If you guys haven't found or squished that one yet....please do. :slight_smile:

ETA: The rate v2 function has the tags in the right order; no edit necessary there.

• hpidriver
    • The Crimson Coder

@inarte
    1. Download and unzip the 2.8_beta_4 file, you will now have a folder called 'marketpress' I renamed this to 'marketpressbeta' as to not overwrite my current Marketpress 2.7 files
    2. Using an FTP client, navigate to yourwebsiteroot/wp-content/plugins/
    3. Upload the marketpressbeta folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
    4. In your WP backend navigate to Plugins and de-activate Marketpress 2.7
    5. Activate Marketpress 2.8 beta 4

• inarte

@hpidriver
    @aecnu

Thank you for your support!

Question: then when the official release will ...... do the reverse?

so?

1. de-activate Marketpress 2.8 (beta)
    2. Using an FTP delete folder marketpressbeta
    3. reactivate Marketpress 2.7
    4. update

thank you very much!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings inarte,

Thank you for the great question.

Normally with this type of upgrade it is not necessary to do this, but personally that is how I would handle it to make sure the files are pristine and nothing from the old version remains.

On the other hand if your FTP client is indeed set to over write files there should be no problems.

Cheers, Joe

• bliedel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Aaron

FYI - I am receiving reports that customers with iPads cannot get past the shipping screen. Very bad news and need to try to find a fix ASAP if possible. May have to temporarily disable Marketpress and go straight paypal buttons until resolved.

I don't have an iPad to test with right now, but hope to borrow a friend's later today.

Thanks,
    Brad

• bliedel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Aaron

Yes, definitely some issues with the iPad and will see similar issues on Android tablets. The "select box" is a GREAT way to select shipping on PCs and Laptops, but on a tablet it shows up as a blank dropdown menu and is easily overlooked. I also experienced a fatal error similar to the one I posted earlier in this thread and was unable to retry my order on the iPad until I cleared my browser cache.

Thanks,
    Brad

• bliedel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Aaron

Keep having this error crop up from time to time and have to clear my browser cache to fix it:
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cmp() (previously declared in /home/content/g/i/a/giantbeagle/html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-shipping/mp-usps.php:696) in /home/content/g/i/a/giantbeagle/html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-shipping/mp-usps.php on line 696

Here's 696 in bold (on line 2)

//For uasort below
    		function cmp($a, $b){
    			if($a['rate'] == $b['rate']) return 0;
    			return ($a['rate'] < $b['rate']) ? -1 : 1;
    		}

uasort($mp_shipping_options, 'cmp');

$shipping_options = array();
    		foreach($mp_shipping_options as $service => $options){
    			$shipping_options[$service] = $this->format_shipping_option($service, $options['rate'], $options['delivery'], $options['handling']);
    		}

//Update the session. Save the currently calculated CRCs
    		$_SESSION['mp_shipping_options'] = $mp_shipping_options;
    		$_SESSION['mp_cart_crc'] = $this->crc($mp->get_cart_cookie());
    		$_SESSION['mp_shipping_crc'] = $this->crc($_SESSION['mp_shipping_info']);

unset($xpath);
    		unset($dom);

return $shipping_options;
    	}

I found this later on on line 866 on line 2:

//For uasort below
    		function cmp($a, $b){
    			if($a['rate'] == $b['rate']) return 0;
    			return ($a['rate'] < $b['rate']) ? -1 : 1;
    		}

uasort($mp_shipping_options, 'cmp');

$shipping_options = array();
    		foreach($mp_shipping_options as $service => $options){
    			$shipping_options[$service] = $this->format_shipping_option($service, $options['rate'], $options['delivery'], $options['handling']);
    		}

//Update the session. Save the currently calculated CRCs
    		$_SESSION['mp_shipping_options'] = $mp_shipping_options;
    		$_SESSION['mp_cart_crc'] = $this->crc($mp->get_cart_cookie());
    		$_SESSION['mp_shipping_crc'] = $this->crc($_SESSION['mp_shipping_info']);

unset($xpath);
    		unset($dom);

return $shipping_options;
    	}

I'm no PHP guru, but I'm guessing that something needs to be done about there being two of the same function?

• bliedel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Aaron
    @Arnold

Actually, that goes beyond the tablet. There does not appear to be an option selected on a PC either, but you can at least see that. Since Safari for iOS and Chrom for Android handle the size attribute on a select field differently than all other browsers, it makes it look like a blank box, not even a blank dropdown menu. There is nothing to let the user know that they are supposed to click on that box and select shipping. I had to implement two changes to fix this.

Change #1: Change the behavior of hitting Enter.

On my android device, I found that once I filled out my zip code, my gut wanted me to hit the checkmark (enter key) on the keyboard. So I followed this kneejerk reaction and it caused the form to submit. The form submitted before there was any shipping option, so it blew up in my face. I fixed that by changing the default behavior of the Enter key. This little piece of jquery from http://www.latentmotion.com/make-enter-key-tab-in-forms/ in the <head> made it so that reaction doesn't submit the form:

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js?ver=1.3.2'></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function(){
    $("input").not( $(":button") ).keypress(function (evt) {
    if (evt.keyCode == 13) {
    iname = $(this).val();
    if (iname !== 'Submit'){
    var fields = $(this).parents('form:eq(0),body').find('button, input, textarea, select');
    var index = fields.index( this );
    if ( index > -1 && ( index + 1 ) < fields.length ) {
    fields.eq( index + 1 ).focus();
    }
    return false;
    }
    }
    });
        });
    </script>

Change #2: Change the behavior of the select on tablets/smartphones.

The second fix is to make the shipping options intuitive on smartphones. There is probably a savvier way of doing this, but for now my chosen method fixes the problem. I removed the size attribute from the select. This turns it into a normal dropdown and allows for a default option to be selected. Here's the bit of code I changed in marketpress-shipping.php on lines 8-13 below:

$options = apply_filters("mp_shipping_options_$selected", $mp->get_cart_contents(), $address1, $address2, $city, $state, $zip, $country);

$content = '';
    		if ( count( $options ) ) {
    			//REPLACED THE FOLLOWING TO REMOVE SIZE ATTRIBUTE:	$content .= '<select name="shipping_sub_option" size="' . count($options) . '">';
    			$content .= '<select name="shipping_sub_option">';
    			$suboption = isset($_SESSION['mp_shipping_info']['shipping_sub_option']) ? $_SESSION['mp_shipping_info']['shipping_sub_option'] : '';
  • Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Here's another round of fixes.

- Added code to insure the first item in the Shipping sub options is selected if suboption is blank. Makes sure an item shows in iPad.
    - Set minimum "size" on shipping_sub_options select box to 4 for Safari and Chrome quirk.
    - Removed Handling charge display from USPS shipping options.
    - Let ounces go decimal for shipping weight
    - Fixed crash on no shipping option selection

• nate_petersen

How much of a tweak is it to allow it to load images from a URL? All of my suppliers make images available but as urls included in the sheet. I'm looking under the hood now for a custom tweak but if its not so much it'd be a wonderful feature. Or did I miss this part of the conversation somewhere?

• nate_petersen
    //File download code...?
                            $test_url = strpos($row['image'],'http://');
                            if($test_url!== false){
                              $url = $row['image'];
                                $dir = wp_upload_dir();
                              $file = $dir['basedir']."/marketpress_csv_import/".basename($row['image']);
                              $ch = curl_init();
                              $timeout = 5;
                              curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
                              curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
                              curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, $timeout);
                              $data = curl_exec($ch);
                              file_put_contents($file, $data);

$img = $file;
                            } else {
                              $img = $this->rel_to_absolute($row['image']);

}

Merry Christmas? Answers my earlier question and imports images from a URL. Someone will want to tweak the checks earlier in the code and possibly put an error check in this to ensure that it has indeed downloaded the file but...it works~ :smiley:
    Replaces the "img = $this->..." line around 443 in 'marketpress-importers.php'~

• nate_petersen

The built in only acknowledges local files; this snippet recognizes URL addresses and copies the images over.
    My suppliers make packs of images available through their service and include the image URL in the spreadsheets. With the beta as-is, I have to tweak all of the addresses, download, then upload to my service. With this adjustment, it recognizes the URL and copies it over automatically.

• nate_petersen

Not in the slightest - I run it and it says that the files are not found, it wants local copies only. This recognizes the URLs and copies the files over like a peach; just ran about 300~ items through it and they were found and copied over flawlessly.

Now, could some setting in my server be preventing your code from copying the images over where my method worked instead?

• dlamar
    • Flash Drive

Aaron - A last addition if you can do it in this release please?

Can you make Sales Tax computation a plug-in like shipping and gateway?
    States are getting real messy about sales tax these days since they are looking for more ways to collect money...

• lkraav

Sup Aaron, long time. Glad to see new version in the works.

Wondering about the MP lightbox. Lumebox is increasingly getting in the way as a low-featured + non-developed choice. I'm sure you agree that the lightbox choice should be per-project, not per post-type. If the project is built on top of MP, it'd be great to use the same lightbox for the rest of the site. Yes, I can disable the built-in etc, yet that's not going to be as solid of an approach as using something that's shipped and tested with the most important i.e. the e-commerce component of the project.

Not entirely sure why you chose Lumebox for GPL compliance (listed in changelog), since for example the MIT-licensed ColorBox seems to be a better choice by a factor of multiples. AFAICT, MIT is GPL-compatible per http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3902754/mit-license-vs-gpl

What are your thoughts on this subject? Maybe you've felt the pain and lightbox switch is already on the roadmap?

• Hiltos
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks @Aaron. That's ok. I'm going to turn the grid off, CSS style the list into a grid, and then use Isotope.js with infinite scroll to sort.

Would it be too late to ask for this feature (as an option) included in this release? :smiley:

• bliedel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Found a bug in beta 6. It appears that the public core CSS file is not being referenced. This line no longer appears in the listing of products or shopping cart:

<link rel='stylesheet' id='mp-public-core-css' href='............../public-core.css?ver=2.8beta4' type='text/css' media='all' />

• netherworks
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have a site I'm doing for a client and considering using Marketpress for the order processing. Basically, I don't need a storefront so much as the ability to allow users to select from a series of options (materials, sizes, etc) and also upload a picture from their computer to personalize their order. Is this possible with marketpress out of the box or can anyone suggest a better solution?

Thanks in advance!

• inarte

@netherworks

marketpress is simple and powerful. It integrates well with WordPress and allows various payment options.

options:
    Each product can be configured with many options, each option can have its price.
    with the image attached ....
    Waiting for some expert better than me

• vowpmudev
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

We installed Marketpress after trying several of the other wordpress plugin shopping carts. Agree it is very simple and that is elegance to us (ie simpler is better). That said the basic functionality really needs and should come with a "pick up" (no shipping) option so glad to see that is in the works. The transient pages made for the menu pages not being as simple to institute as the rest is but that partially is a trying to grasp the concept thing as most do not use that methodology. We were able to get them to function and look right within our site but think a better upfront explaination would work. Was a programmer and designer as well as managing cross continent teams/projects so understand that nothing done right comes quickly. We also appreciate that being open source (for the most part / did join so paid a fee) this and other products here are done with volunteers and/or low?pay ;O) still think it would be good to have suggested some sort of timeline for roll out. Had no idea since beta has been out for a month are we talking another few weeks, months, a year? Due to that we could not wait and now are using OpenCart with Wordpress instead. Alas it has no plugin but the latest version is very similar to Wordpress in file structure and ability to adapt themes/ modify separately/etc so its a nice fit. Thank you though for all your efforts and hard work we did use it and it got us through a busy holiday shopping season where others broke or were too much of a problem when they provided upgrades that always seem to create more issues than the ones resolved. Kudos to you and your team for not doing that scenario. Two other gotchas and these are meant as constructive suggestions more than anything. The cart caching and not being able to easily empty it was confusing for some customers.. we ended up telling them to just have coffee or a walk and come back in a hour it should be reset to zero. Last in reading some posts as we used this forum think some of the moderators may need to realize how important their responses are (no excuses and don't evenly slightly insult/demean the users) It seems many jump ship after a while and perhaps some of this input is part of that reasoning to do so. It was for us. Thanks again and good luck with the Beta and safe journey toward 3.0 version. With that we end our subscription and move on. Merry Christmas/Happy New Year.

• Rob

Hi all: Just thought I would submit an error I am getting that's showing up on all themes...

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/user-name/public_html/directory-name/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 1039

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/user-name/public_html/directory-name/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 1039

This error shows after clicking Browse by category>Categories>Category Name.

Thanks for continuing to evolve with this very cool e-com plugin!

Cheers,

Rob

• Aaron
    • CTO

Working on that one before release, see https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/error-showing-in-header-of-marketpress-site. Basically using a custom menu solves it for now.

For everyone else, thanks so much for your patience! This one has gone a lot longer than normal due mainly to getting stuck over the holidays. Besides some minor kinks to work out, I've got Victor working on a full revamp of the 3 included css styles (they really needed it), and Arnold hard at work on a UPS and Fedex shipping modules.

The plan is to just get a final release out asap, then plug any unfinished stuff in to a minor version, or quick 2.9 jump!

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

You'd have to write a bit of code. The code to do it would be:

if( is_multisite() ) $blog_id = get_current_blog_id();

$transaction = new CF_Transactions(current_user_id(), $blog_id);
    $transaction->credits += $credits; //However many credits you want to add or subtract
    unset($transaction);

Not sure what it would take on the MarketPress side to call this code on a sale.

• sequin

Love MarketPress functionality - way better than anything else I've tried, and am looking forward to trying the update.

I realise these won't be solved in this update, but there are only two things I feel are really missing - better filtering / built-in search functionality for customers (I'm sure it's tweakable already, but I'm not confident enough yet to do that bit myself!). I'd also like the option to sort my recently listed. At the moment I use the random sort as I don't want to sort by price, but it makes it difficult for customers to find the same product again, especially as it reorders if they reload the page.

The second feature I'd love is a wishlist function that would work across internal and external product links.

As a partly affiliate based site, my ideal would be that my customers could add both internal and external products to a "basket" and then revisit the list online or send it to themselves or share with friends as giftlists or for future shopping

Thanks for all the hard work.

• Fullworks
    • The Bug Hunter

Just to let you know, I have worked out the code to utilise media_side_load image to upload external images. To me an excruciatingly long time for what amounts to half a dozen lines. They are core mods to the plugin, there are no hooks/filters where needed. Though can't see why this shouldn't be added to core as I expect many would like it.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Ok guys, we're live! Thanks so much for your feedback, suggestions, and testing. In the small chance you run into an issue, just open a new thread and I'll get on it. Here is the final changelog:
    2.8 - 1/15/2012 - Aaron, Arnold, Cole, Enzo
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Added UPS Shipping plugin!
    - Add default product images
    - Add hooks for custom shipping methods and tracking links
    - Major refresh of css styles
    - Forced shipping option recalculation when Country changes.
    - Fix bug with product list widget when ordering by price or sales
    - Fix missing closing tag in global widget breaking drag and drop
    - Fix shipping settings save filter for method plugins
    - Error check in Manual Payments gateway: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/bug-with-manual-payment
    - Fixed 10525 Paypal errors in global cart checkouts
    - Change the "from" price shown on variation listings to the lowest
    - Change PayPal generated timestamps for server timezone support
    - Fix double trigger of 'mp_order_paid' hook
    - Added APO state codes to the marketpress-data.php so addresses can make it past PayPal's address checker,
    - Use "APO", "FPO" or "DPO" for the City and 10 digit Zip code.
    - Sorted USPS shipping choices in Ascending order so that the lowest price will be the default.
    - Changed the Shipping sub options <select> to a select box instead of a dropdown.
    - Added code to insure the first item in the Shipping sub options is selected if suboption is blank. Makes sure an item shows in iPad.
    - Set minimum "size" on shipping_sub_options select box to 4 for Safari and Chrome quirk.
    - Removed Handling charge display from USPS shipping options.
    - Let ounces go decimal for shipping weight
    - Add hooks to coupon functions
    - Added another error passing method for calculated rates. If a suboption key contains 'error' the value is an error message.
    - Fix ajax when force admin ssl is on
    - Fix conflict with PODS plugin
    - Other minor bug/notice fixes

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.