marketpress 3 update caused multiple issues

Hi I have tested the version 3 update on my staging site and I now
i can only access products via main dashboard interface
I dont have sku, price, sale price and variations on the 500 plus products i have added to date
no products show up all previous links i.e widget tag clouds

I did notice other people were having issues with V3 prior to upgrading so i thought i would just check and see if i had similar issues upgrading from 2.9 on my test site

My questions
as I am 3/4 into building a new store that has been based on marketpress 2.9 and have added 500+ products with more to add.
will the next update cover cover integrating the old settings into the new version as not to lose sku price sale price variations ?

would you expect the next version also to work with links to existing Tags & CustomPress taxomonies ?

Thanks look forward to seeing the working version

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Bruce,

I hope you are well today and I'm sorry for the issue.

The current version of MarketPress should cover all the upgrade products, taxonomies. However, that's not good when you still get trouble when updating :slight_frown:. Can you please send me the access to your staging site, this will help me a lot to troubling the issue, and fix it :slight_smile:

If yes, please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Bruce
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

when i try to install the update i get an error message folder already exists
    how can i install without deleting the version 3.02 plugin and deleting all the files?
    and the link seems to go to a 1&1 landing page not sure what the story is

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi, @Bruce,

I hope you are well today, and I am sorry for the being clear before.

If you upgrade via WordPress plugins' page, so you will need to deactivate the plugin first, delete and install the new version as usual.

If you upgrade using FTP, so just replace the files of 3.0.0.2 with the 3.0.0.3 files.
    If you have any additional issues, please let us know, and we'll be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Bruce

Hi I just managed to update my test site with the 3.0.0.3 beta version via FTP
    it didnt work updating over 3.0.0.2 prices and sku still missing also there were no products showing under categories when clicked on even though they showed in dropdown and tags didnt work either.

I then deleted the site and replaced it with a copy of my main site still using marketpress 2.9 the update worked better but out of 50 pages of 580 products only the first ten pages had sku and prices the rest are $0 with no sku
    also products via brand tags show as blog archives

• Bruce

Hi Hoang thanks for the latest update
    I think I have found another bug with the cart it gives error code message

Oops! An error occurred while processing your payment.

10431 - Item amount is invalid.
    10413 - The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.

i added them up and yes they are incorrect
    the total should be $40.01
    not $40.17

please find screen shots attached

• Bruce

Thanks Ella
    Hi Hoang/wpmu staff hope you are well today
    I updated the file It didn't make any difference
    Paypal is obviously not the issue
    I removed the tax and it worked re added the tax and the issue reappeared it is obvious the amounts don't add up! The software is flawed and obviously needs its math formulas looked at.

P.s I hope I get a good discount if i decide to rejoin wpmudev next year after all this beta testing :slight_smile:

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Bruce,

I hope you are well today.

This issue because the number rounding, and sometime it goes wrong for 0.01. This will be fixed in next version.

For now, can you please try this beta2 version here?

Yes, we do understand the frustration you met, @Bruce,@Ella please check your email :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Bruce

Hi back again
    I have just upgraded to the marketpress 3.0.0.5 version from 2.9 on my main site thinking this version should have the previous price issues sorted
    i have lost prices and sku for the product pages 58 to 64. I uploaded a couple of hundred products prior to my upgrade and backed it up all good
    Then i updated marketpress 3.0.0.5 on my main site after testing it on my test site and everything seemed fine but i did overlook the last pages of my products
    I tried several times updating the plugin with no luck and used

http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=mp-db-update&force_upgrade=1

this didnt work I waited quite a while to allow it to up date but to no avail. the problem happens from on the same place every time i have used the backup in my cpanel prior to the update each time and get the same result each time
    I have given support access can you please help
    I hope its a easy fix

thanks

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Bruce,

I hope you are well today.

Hmm, I will need to check your database. Can you please send me a database dump in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Link to the db dump download.
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang

• Bruce

Hi i have found an other issue with marketpress
    I have products with variations where the product image does not display an image only the variations do and there is no option to add a image once you have variations
    this product had a product image prior to adding variations and i have tested it a few times adding an image then creating a variation same result each time no product image displayed
    I hope you can fix this bug in the next in the next update or sooner

my workaround has been not to use variations which is not ideal bt i do have quite a few existing products that this issue effects

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Bruce

I hope you are having a wonderful day.

You can add a product image without creating variations. When adding a product, click on "Screen Options" on the top right of your screen. When the options come, uncheck and then check again "Featured Image". Then scroll down, you will get the featured image box on the right column. Set a featured image there and it will work as the product image. Please see the attached screenshots for reference.

I believe it solves your issue.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Bruce

Hi Thanks Rupok
    I hope you are having a good day
    I tried this it didn't work my issue is only with products that have variations.

i noticed that product images is deselected and when you select it shows the image ive previously added below add variations section but when you update it cancels (deselects) featured image in screen options and when you select featured image it cancels (deselects) product image in screen options when you update.
    in short featured image and product image cancel each other out so I believe there is an issue stopping the image from displaying.
    I have given support access today

• Bruce

In anticipation of the standard response
    no i'm not having a great day today here is the reason
    just installed marketpress update 3.0.0.7
    is this a joke? the totals don't add up

This issue an old issue that was fixed in previous updates.
    I ask myself the question?
    Do the marketpress developers actually test before releasing an update i found this in 2 minutes of testing and this has been the same case for previous releases.

Regards

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Bruce

Oh my God! This is terrible. I've just tested on the latest version of MarketPress (3.0.0.7) but it's working perfectly in my environment. Please see the attached screenshot for reference. I'll flag our developer as soon as I can confirm that it's a bug of our plugin and thanks a lot for bringing the issue to us.

So there must be something in your site which is causing this error to happen. Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this again?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Bruce

Also there seems to be a myriad of issues of things not working or new problems like display order a-z etc
    as well ass recent posts displaying the selected category as well as a list of the selected category repeated several times in the widget column. I haven't gone through everything related to marketpress as yet I'm hoping there is no more issues I havn't noticed.
    thanks

• Bruce

Hi I have just renewed the access grant as it stated
    No staff logins yet for this access grant.
    the time had almost expired
    please advise if someone is looking into the issue that the totals don't add up after updating from version 3.0.0.6 to 3.0.0.7
    thanks

• Bruce

To Staff Update from yesterday
    No staff logins as yet for this access grant.
    i tried updating marketpress on my test site with all the other plugins disabled the same problems occured

the checkout tax and the shipping being added without product charges

when selecting a category from the category dropdown menu the selected category shows as recent post and other listed items in the sidebar.

this shows that the issue is with marketpress and not with other plugins please investigate

also please note (not critical) the secure message that pops up from the checkout button now covers the full width of the screen and overlays any content.

I would also like to know after these critical errors have been fixed how to change the checkout message (estimated Total (city, postcode) as the total is not an estimate with fixed shipping and tax

Please note that is has been 3 months since the rewrite of marketpress to version 3 please fix it I need to launch my shop 2 months ago

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Bruce

I hope you had a wonderful day.

I do apologize for delayed response and from now on, we will try to get back as soon as we can.

# I just made couple of tests on your site and found that "the checkout tax and the shipping being added without product charges" error is specific to your user account. I temporarily created another account, logged in with that and the error was gone. Total price was calculated perfectly. Can you please check and confirm?

# The sidebar category dropdown seems to be showing categories perfectly. Am I missing something?

# About the full width tool-tip issue: This is designed in this way so that it grabs the attention of your user. If you want to change it's behavior, you can use custom CSS. For example, if you want to make the text center aligned, you can use the following custom CSS code:

.mp-secure-checkout-tooltip-text {
      text-align: center;
    }

For using custom CSS code, you can use "Simple Custom CSS" plugin. I can trust this as it has 200000+ active users.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Bruce

Thanks Rupok
    logged in as either myself or a paypal test user. The same error occurs with the totals not adding up the paypal test user is a subscriber with membership access.

When a user is not logged in and is a guest user the order total is still incorrect.

when selecting a category from the dropdown the category displays as recent post and in cart area

I noticed after logging in as a new user created as a paypal buyer tester that the correct numbers showed initially as on your test on the first checkout screen then after going through the process the same problem occured it reverted to not adding product price only tax and shipping.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Bruce

This is really really weird. I added the exact same products like your screenshot, not logged in and the calculated result is perfect I can see. Please check the attached screenshot.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, I'm checking here: https://naturalhealthchoices.com.au/cart/

I can help you as soon as I see the error in action and can regenerate it to find the reason behind it but it seems really weird. Can you please try from another browser? It should not be browser specific issue, but I'm making some wild guess that something in cache or cookies could, in the weirdest way possible, be causing this.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Bruce

Hi Rupok
    I have replicated the cart working when not signed or with member first time purchase in but it still creates the error when you get past the initial cart screen. It shows errors when you are in the (checkout) if you fill in the required details name address etc then continue the errors occur

please investigate I consider this issue as critical.

https://naturalhealthchoices.com.au/checkout

I had similar issues which were reported in this ongoing support request on Thu Sep 17 2015, 1:51:58 PM back at version 3.0.0.3
    it was addressed then

I beleive i have provided enough detail that this error should have been investigated beyond the first screen which shows no errors if not logged in or if logged in as new user
    Rupok I have provided direct communications via Contact (Attn: Ropuk) with more details as requested after extra testing
    the support access is enabled and has not accessed since the 4th DEC so I have extended it

Please investigate Support access is ACTIVE until December 9, 2015 4:43 pm

Thanks

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Bruce

I do apologize for delayed response. I've logged in with Support Access, and reconfigured Tax Settings in your Store Settings and now the price seems to be working fine both in cart page and checkout page. Can you please check and confirm?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Bruce

Hi Kasia & Rupok In reply
    I Hope you are feeling like problem solving today?
    This is todays report after your adjustment

yes the prices now show with tax excluded instead of with tax included. the prices add up initially on cart screen but not at checkout
    main issues I found when purchasing as guest
    - the checkout screen 2 Billing/Shipping Address is skipped it goes from checkout page 1 to 3
    - postage/handling is not included in purchase as guest this is an intermittent issue
    - checkout totals dont add up
    when lodged in as myself admin or registered user
    - empty cart then cant add product after this is an intermittent issue
    - selected product category displays as recent post
    - in checkout postage is added but totals don't add up

I hope you can get to the bottom of these issues I have attached screens from today to show the issues clearly
    With respect Can I honestly suggest you actually test the site with the intention of breaking it both as guest and logged in user.
    I have provided you with more then enough detail to investigate properly
    i have had no issue in finding faults every time i use the site.
    I keep getting similar issues after you have tested and say it works
    Again please investigate
    Regards

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Bruce,

OK, I'm trying to break your site - can you send me WordPress credentials - I've started debuging on FTP but I need also access to dashboard, I'm sorry I should ask you before for this - so you don't need to extend support access every time.

I was able once replicate this issue with empty shopping cart on Firefox, but now I can't - but only thing I've done it was to reset my Firefox because it had problems with saving cookies. What browser are you testing this?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Bruce

Hi Kasia
    Thanks for your help its highly appreciated
    I use firefox, firefox developer and safari there is issues on all browsers

I have sent you super admin access as requested well and extending staff access

Kindest Regards
    Bruce

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Bruce

I'm confirming you that this specific issue is reported by many others and our developer is already flagged about this issue. A task is already created and I believe, he will come up with a solution very soon. So I'll request you to wait till our developer releases an update or a patch for this issue.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while before they release the patch or update.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Bruce

Hi Kasia
    Many Thanks the hot fix has seemed to have fixed some of the issues with the cart and paypal I still need to do do more testing but it seems good so far.

Kasia is there a list of known bugs relating to marketpress if yes could you please send a link or paste in a reply thanks

I still have issues with when selecting a category via the dropdown or selecting a cloud tag the name of the category overwrites the text in the sidebar widgets (dispay recent posts) and (menus) possibly others
    if you click on the text it goes to the post or the menu item that has had its text replaced.
    so the category name is overwriting the navigation text but not the functionality to go to the post that has had its name overwritten.
    Thanks in Advance

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Bruce,

I'm glad that issue with payments is fixed. As for the bug list we don't have public list of them - only in our internal bug tracker. Main issue is for now bug you did experienced that is with PayPal and wrong calculations cause by table rating shipping - it's fixed with special version, but there will be new release with proper fix (and lots of others.).
    I'm jumping now to search what is going on with widgets on your site - but if you remember - was there a thread where I wrote some kind custom shortcode for you in the past?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your patience - I made local copy of your site to troubleshoot this issue with widgets of Recents posts changing titles.
    It looks like this is conflict with the theme SimpleMarket. I've switch to default theme on your site local copy and it was gone. Then I tested this theme on my clean installation and I was able to replicate this issue.
    This errors will occur on every child theme of SimpleMarket.
    I will have ask theme developer what can be wrong and can we fix this - because this is one of our legacy themes.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello @Bruce,

I'm attaching fix for the theme - please download it, unzip and replace file page.php in the SimpleMarket directory (parent theme) - if you have the same file in the child themes you need also replace it there and make your changes (if you had any) again.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Bruce

Thanks kasia I do appreciate your help but im facing an uphill battle with wpmu plugins the theme is the least of my issues. heres 2
    1) when you are not signed in the brands links in the side widget menu give a cant find page error page
    when you are logged in they work. its the same url
    2) membership 2 pro does not seem to support custom post types anymore so the 300 ish products i needed to keep separate from public access by Australian TGA are now mixed with all the other products and available to the public.
    I batch uploaded them months ago prior to marketpress 3 and connected them to a taxomony (Practitioner Brands) and attached them to a protected membership group. I think the protection dropped after the last membership 2 update i not 100% certain but the products were protected
    Regards Bruce

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Bruce,

Because this is very long thread and many people did answer here could you create new one as looks like the new issues are not related to the original ones and this will make harder to troubleshoot, as you are now having trouble with second plugin.
    This will really help us resolve this new problems much faster.
    It would be very helpful if you could create separate threads for issues with links and MarketPress and for Membership 2 Pro (when thread is attached to plugin then I can easily ping developer for that plugin directly from thread).

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.