Marketpress

I was considering Marketpress as an option for the itsbetterhandmade site. Although I do not want the site to be a sales site but I like how the products are handled.
My question is this can marketpress be set up to link products to the actual sale site. Meaning an etsy vendor posts a product on our site, the buy now button links to there etsy shop.
Thanks in advance for your help on this matter.
Andrew

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there!

Yes always use a test site with a new database and if possible rather than a sub-domain or sub path (folder) a completely new domain.

I would personally suggest that you read as much documentation you can with regards to your WordPress Multisite, create a plan of what you want to achieve, what plugins you want to use and what themes, check that everything can be used on a multisite install, as some plugins and themes can't be, as they aren't designed that way.
    And above all else take your time.

If you would rather a developer do the project for you, you could post a job on the job board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

I'm also currently available to do it, you can email @ jack(at)coding-monkey.com

If you run into any problems getting it sorted don't hesitate to ask! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• andrew_kitchen

Basically we are running the site as just a regular blog, and have no issues continuing this way, so I'm not sure if we even need to go to a multisite set up.
    We are using a plugin called wp-user frontend to allow front end posting. The plugin is problematic as it slows the site down.
    What we really want to achieve is a way for users to post products from the frontend and link to other various selling venues. We may choose to charge for special placement in the future, so I've seen other wpmu plugins that can do this or marketpress may be able to do it. Not sure. The theme we have is fair at best so it would need to be changed in some fashion.
    The best I can understand is if we use marketpress the users would actually have a shop type atmosphere where product could also be displayed on the front page. Not sure if this is required or not.
    I guess i'm sort of trying to feel out my concept first and what is the best way to go about it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.