Marketpress 500 Internal Server Error

I've installed and reinstalled Marketpress and tried it on different themes, but I am continuing to have the same problem on http://www.tiarethomas.com.

When I click on the products page I get a 500 Internal Server Error and a large core dump file on the server. If I try to go into a product category I get a 404.

I noticed that when I deleted the plug in and reactived it the populated data remained the same. This there a way to completely wipe the install? Unless you know what is causing the above.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! :slight_smile:

I checked out the products and was able to reload the page several times and never got a 500 error.

If you can get the error logs from that we can probably assist, but a network 500 error has to do with your hosting provider. What is your PHP memory limit set to? If it's too low you'll run into issues with WordPress and plugins.

Please let us know.

• ThatDonGuy
    • New Recruit

Mason,

Thanks for the hit back on this. I'm still having strange issues with this installation. I had excluded the products page because I needed to go live with a single product. If you go store, testing, you'll see that I added the traditional menus. The submenu is cut off because of the layout but there is enough to work with.

1) If you go to products page, you just get the shortcode

2) If you go to store, that page works as it should but:
    1) if you click on products from there you get the internal server error
    2) Shopping cart and order status work fine as does popular products
    3) If you click on catagories or tags you get a blank page or
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 991 bytes) in /home/tiaretho/public_html/wp-includes/query.php on line 1660

Thoughts?

• ThatDonGuy
    • New Recruit

Here is the error log from the server

[27-Jul-2011 23:18:56] PHP Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in /home/tiaretho/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 3436
    [27-Jul-2011 23:20:42] PHP Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in /home/tiaretho/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 3436
    [29-Jul-2011 18:42:37] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 991 bytes) in /home/tiaretho/public_html/wp-includes/query.php on line 1660

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

That would appear to be a php error (this would stop the page from loading). Let's take a look through those error logs and see if there's anything new. Check the timestamp that matches with when you load that page.

If you disable all other plugins (besides marketpress) does the issue continue? You may have a plugin conflict.

Glad the memory update helped :slight_smile:

• ThatDonGuy
    • New Recruit

First of all, thanks for the all the help from everyone. It turned out to be a plugin problem...Jetpack.

I deactivated it and everything is running as intended. I'm not sure what component was doing it but sometimes you just have to take the fix. If I figure out what component it was, I'll post it here.

Thanks again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.