MarketPress add-on for file upload

I'm using Marketpress and I have a need for uploading a file during the check out process. My plan is to hijack the 'Personalize' option in the product details. Has anyone already built something like this? Is there any interest if I build it?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya @H1DesignGroup

Welcome to the community & thanks for posting.

I have not heard of anyone doing this before or ever asking for this as a feature. Marketpress is for selling items, I am not sure why you want to upload a file during the checkout process, could you explain in a lot more detail what you are trying to do & why, as that might help people decide if they are interested or not.

hope this helps.

thanks.

• H1DesignGroup
    • Flash Drive

Hi Vaughan,

We are selling items that have custom images printed on them. A customer will purchase a flag, banner, blanket etc. and then upload the art they would like printed on their item. So instead of having a personalized text message, they have a personalized graphic message. We are looking at building this to store the image in Dropbox, but images may be stored in directory on the server. The shopping cart would send product + image info with the order.

Does that make sense?

dp

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

yes that makes perfect sense & understandable now as to why you need that functionality.

I think actually, this could get some interest & might be good to discuss the best ways of achieving this.

I'll give my +1 to the request & flag the developer for some feedback.

thanks.

• H1DesignGroup
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for +1 Vaughn.

If we're making a wish list, it would be great if a thumbnail of the uploaded image showed next to the related product in the check out and order data we, as the vendor, receive. It would help decrease errors for the customers and production staff on our end.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.