Marketpress - Add Ons - Coupons

I've enabled coupons in store settings. My question is, How do I create a coupon? Users will need codes to enter. Are more plug ins or configurations required?

• Rupok

Hi Douglas,

I've enabled coupons in store settings. My question is, How do I create a coupon?

After you activate the "Coupon" Add-on, please refresh your Dashboard. Then go to "Dashboard > Store > Coupons" menu ("Coupons" menu will be available now as you have activated the "Coupons" Add-on).

After you go there, click on the "Create New" button and fill up all fields and click "Publish" button on the right column. Your coupon will be published.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Ash

Hello Douglas

Is there a way to generate coupons and send the codes by email. I don't want to publish them or make them available on the website - only for some prefered users???

There is no way to send coupons automatically to the users by email.

I am not sure what you mean by "making available on the website", would you please explain? You will create the coupons in the backend, so no way the public users will know about the coupons. If you want to give coupons to some preferred users, you can manually send them the coupons and other users won't know about those.

Please feel free to correct me if I am missing something.

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Douglas

As you can see in the above photo the coupon name (the add on obliges a name/code being given to thecoupon) is published on the website. Epeeprize is the name I assigned and it appears somewhere?? I click preview and that's the image I received.

Sending coupons manually sounds great. In the create coupon dashboard I don't see many options. It's pretty straight and there isn't really anything "created".

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Douglas,

Coupon is Custom Post Type and by default all of the custom post type have option to preview. But that is only for you as admin. Normal users will no see that - coupons are not accessible for them, there is no list created - because this Custom Post Type does not support archives pages.
    So there is nothing to worry about that you can click preview.
    They has to get coupon code from you to use it.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.