Marketpress & Affiliate settings

Hi

I would like to check, can individual sites in a multisite setup with their own Marketpress store have seperate Affiliate systems?

As in SiteA.com has its own affliate link for their affiliate and track its own product sale. Affiliates links will look like SiteA.com?ref=user1-63

In SiteB.com, the same user can have it's affiliate link which looks like SiteB.com?ref=user1-63.

Do Marketpress + Affiliate works like this? Or will it works like this in the future?

• aecnu

Greetings Bucgene,

Thank you for the great question.

I would like to check, can individual sites in a multisite setup with their own Marketpress store have seperate Affiliate systems?

If the Market Press plugin and the Affiliate plugin are both site by site activated I would think they would work in just this manner with each individual site having the capability to have its own affiliate program along with its store.

NOTE: I just found when researching this that affiliates in MultiSites is not site by site activated and therefore it is network activated. So I am sad to report this is indeed not possible at this time to function in this manner.

It appears that the function of affiliates is currently limited to the Super Admin in all instances not just Market Press and I believe this is because the tracking and awarding of affiliate commissions is done via the payment gateways.

However, there may still be a way to have an Affiliate program administered in a different fashion using one of the plugins from here which there are several to choose from.

Do Marketpress + Affiliate works like this? Or will it works like this in the future?

No they do not work in this fashion as indicated above and it is my opinion that unless the way the plugin is tracking sales it will probably remain as it is. But one never knows for sure because these talented coders can pull off almost anything when they set their minds to do so.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe