MarketPress +Affiliates

Now that MP has Affiliates functionality, can you all explain what it all means. More importantly, can you explain if there is a way for me to take advantage of it.

My primary setup for MP is on a multisite and I have several sellers selling products on their own sites. I use MP to create a global marketplace on the main site.

Can Affiliates now be used for by my sellers to manage an affiliate program,or is the link between the two plugins more global? Meaning: I'm the one who manages the Affiliates program and when someone buys from one of our sellers through an affiliate link the affiliate gets a portion of the sale.

If a description of what is possible with the two plugins please point me to it, I haven't been able to find it or understand how they are intended to work together.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Respect @Saunt Valerian! I am a big fan of your site! Just had to let you know :slight_smile:

Now to get back to your question. I searched for some documentation on this as well and wasn't able to get any. Noted of course that this is a very recent addition to the Affiliate plugin, so we should be getting the Usage updated soon.

I will ping the Developer @Barry to provide a little bit of a splurge as to how the two plugins can be effectively used. So we'll revert back to you at the earliest.

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Gina

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

It all depends how you have things set up. The affiliates percentage is set in the Market Press Options - from the changelog:

Added first-pass marketpress add-on - uses global affiliate rate set in Store Settings -> Payments

If you have a global affiliate system, then it is up to the network admin to handle the affiliates program. If you have the affiliate system installed on a site-by-site basis then the affiliate system is managed by the individual site admins and they handle the payments out to their affiliates.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Saunt Valerian,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.