Marketpress: allow admin to change text of Out of Stock button

A couple of my clients are in the antiques business and their items are most often one-of-a-kind, so it makes more sense for the inventory to mark their items as "Sold" rather than "Out of Stock."

It would be preferable to be able to configure the text of this button/notification on the admin side like you can with the Buy Now and Add to Cart buttons.

For now it looks like I need to change this in marketpress.php which isn't ideal for obvious reasons. However, if there is a better way to do this, please let me know.

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

As you noted there is not a way to customise the button wording per site.

Although having options for things like this would be rather cool, the resource overheads on large sites would be an issue eventually.

Its for that reason that customisation of a file direct is much more efficient than more DB calls.

Perhaps you could have a compromise with your users and have "Sold Out" or would "Sold" alone not be acceptable for your site.

The other option would be to make that dynamic to store the value in the DB but this would be some custom development on your part.

Perhaps there is a plugin which can help you here, maybe something like:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/text-replace/

I've not tested it, but could be worth a look.

Take care.

• Dean Kaus

@timothy I understand your concern with you statement

Although having options for things like this would be rather cool, the resource overheads on large sites would be an issue eventually.
    Its for that reason that customization of a file direct is much more efficient that not DB calls.

Just wondering that if there is a drop down to select from say 3-4 different messages in the coding then that option shouldn't take up any additional DB resources (I think)

I'd say the current message, Out of Stock and Sold, would be the main ones I'd personally use.

Great idea @sbahns

• Timothy Bowers

Just wondering that if there is a drop down to select from say 3-4 different messages in the coding then that option shouldn't take up any additional DB resources (I think)

If they were done in code and po/mo then it wouldn't be a DB query for the content, but it would be for the item which is saved i.e. which option it is.

It's only one real small thing in this instance, but lots of little small things can build up.

This could be a good addition though. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.