marketpress and Cheatin’ uh? message

I have marketpress installed on a multi-site. I have just set up a new user as an administrator on one of the sites using marketpress . When logged in as this user the product menu is limited and when "manage orders" is selected, the message Cheatin’ uh? appears.

Can someone tell me what permission settings need changing and where to stop this from happening.

Thanks
Ian

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya Ian,

I've just tested this out and I'm not getting the same issue. First off, can you verify that you are using the latest versions of WordPress and MarketPress.

If you still get the issue please de-activate any other plugins and verify that the sub-site user is set to admin for that site.

Cheers,
    Phil

• octavian
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello Phil

We are using the latest version of worpress and marketpress.

I think it may be something to do with the supporter plugin, but don't know how to deactivate it.

See this post: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/cheatin-uh-supporter

I've tried what is suggested here but to no effect.

I'm sure it's permission related, we have set up another admin user on another install of marketpress and have the same symptoms. When logging in as super admin the symptoms don't appear.

When logged in as a subsite admin the only menu option you can see under "products" are:

Product Categories
    Product Tags
    Manage orders
    Store Settings

In other words it's not possible to create products or view products. If you click on manage orders you get the cheatin' uh? message.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks
    Ian

• octavian

Yes network is activated.

I've deleted all the supporter files and there is now no problem with marketpress as far as I can tell.

That does leave us with the issue though of what caused it and how we can use the two together.

I'm very impressed with the marketpress css and layout as we've been working with wp-ecommerce most of the time and it causes us major problems with layout and support. the shortcomings of marketpress seem to be with it's shipping options (weight based is essential for some of our stores) and being limited to one set of variations.

Any ideas what might be causing the issue with supporter?

Ian

• octavian

Hello Phil

As I said above, I didn't have marketpress set as a premium plugin. In fact I tried it on all four settings available in supporter settings and it still produced the same symptoms.

If I had it set as a premium plugin then I would have made the sub site a supporter as you say. On this particular multi-site we have not yet implemented the supporter functionality and so all the plugins are available on all the sites.

Thanks
    Ian

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Would you be prepared to provide us with a super admin login to your site so that we can take a look at this ourselves?

I'm sure there's something amiss in your install but it's just a case of finding it....

If that's okay, please use the contact form marking it for mine/Mason's attention in the subject field and providing a link back to this thread.

Cheers,
    Phil

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

I'm hoping your silence means you managed to get this fixed :slight_smile:

Because I'm optimistic like that I'm gonna close this thread. If that optimism is misplaced, just reply below and tick the box to re-open and we'll continue from there!

Cheers,
    Phil

• octavian

Hello Phil

Unfortunately my silence is due to having so many other things to to take care of... but I like the optimism.

The problem isn't fixed, but unfortunately I can't give you access to the admin as we have sites on there that are client sites.

At some point we will try to run supporter again and see what happens. No other issues have appeared other than with Marketpress.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.