MarketPress and Domain Mapping Conflict

Hello,

When MarketPress is enabled on a subsite using theme GridMarket with a mapped domain, the ADD TO CART option does not work and the EMPTY CART option at the top of the theme home page does not work.

When the mapped domain on the broken site is removed, then ADD TO CART and EMPTY CART work as expected.

When I re-enable the mapped domain then they both cease working again.

The questions are:

Is it GridMarket generating the issue?
Is it MarketPress generating the issue?
Is it Domain Mapping generating the issue?

This is discussed on this thread, without resolution and developers have not yet been engaged on the thread.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-add-to-cart-does-not-work#post-420659

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Phil D

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Phil D,

I hope you are well today, thank you for the additional information on this it is greatly appreciated.

I'll tag @Barry on this, and @Aaron on this, (the lead developer of Domain Mapping & the lead developer of MarketPress).

If you could give some more information on your mapped domain, A record or CNAME? Are you by any chance also using Multi-Domains? If so do you have the correct sunrise.php?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Aaron
    • CTO

What versions of marketpress and domain mapping are you using? (you have to manually update the sunrise.php).

If the latest, does the issue happen with another theme? Note the issue is due to browser cookie restrictions for security, not one of the plugins. Though MP should be detecting incompatible domain mapping settings and shutting off the ajax cart for compatibility.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

You need to set the "Administration mapping" option in Domain Mapping to "domain entered by the user".

MarketPress uses Ajax for the shopping cart (and a call to admin-ajax.php) and so the call needs to be on the same domain as the front end of the site. This option allows that to happen.

• SooBahkDo
    • Syntax Hero

We are at WP 3.5.1 with subdomain installation

We are using
    multi-domains
    Domain Mapping 3.2.1
    MarketPress v 2.8.5
    GridMarket v 1.4.9.4

the base domain is in multi-domains - soobahkdo.org
    MarketPress is active on - store.soobahkdo.org
    store.soobahkdo.org is mapped to moodukkwanmall.com

I have not updated to Domain mapping v 3.2.2 because the instructions regarding whether to use DM_sunrise provided with multi-domains instead of sunrise provided with domain mapping are unclear and I am not sure what to do at upgrade. Which one do we use?

@Barry's instruction seems to have resolved the original cart issue. Yippeeee :slight_smile:
    I suggest that would be a valuable piece of information to include in the MarketPress configuration instructions as it could eliminate unnecessary issues like this one.

Similarly, clarification in the domain mapping AND multi-domain instructions about sunrise and DM_sunrise would also be helpful and appreciated before closing this thread.

Thanks!

Phil D

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.