Marketpress and Downloadable Products

Hello All,
Does anyone out there in the wpmudev community know how to create downloadable products in marketpress? And furthermore one that emails a link to the purchaser for their download which is a unique download link and is only good for so many days, ip addresses, and downloads? And further furthermore which also keeps the downloadable products secure on the server?

I really would like to offer this to my users once I open my marketpress site, but I am unable to find any documentation anywhere on how to do this.

Thanks in advance,
MJ

• James Dunn
    • The Crimson Coder

Goodday @MoeJoe

According to this post - https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/digital-downlaods-on-marketpress - digital downloads can be done and the times something can be downloaded can be limited.

Also, here's a thread where several team members and a couple of community members were discussing the limitation feature:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/digital-download-problems-and-concerns

Hope this helps. If not, be sure to post back and maybe I or someone else can help further.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings MoeJoe,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Does anyone out there in the wpmudev community know how to create downloadable products in marketpress?

Of course we do, you just upload them in the Product Download section when you are adding the download, it places the download in WordPress MultiSite fashion (if indeed a MultiSite) something like /public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/2012/05

Now if the host is at all secure then directory browsing is turned off and if one does not know the exact URL and file name, they will never get to the downloads because they will receive a 404 error - page cannot be found error - end of story.

In that URL contains the blog number, year, and month plus I did not give the file name and all this in the download URL is indeed cloaked by Market Press in the download link it gives to the client on both the screen and email.

This I would consider pretty darn secure, but the key is that directory browsing is indeed disabled on the host server which is default on my servers.

Market Press also limits the amount of times the cloaked URL can be used.

There you have it and if your host has directory browsing disabled you should be good to go with your downloads.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.