Marketpress and Framemarket

Hi,

I have looked in the forum for the answer to this question for an hour, and now I am out of time and have to move on.

In order for the marketpress plugin to work properly do I need to use the framemarket or simple market theme? I am currently using a theme I thought I downloaded from here called responsive. After clicking around it appears that theme it is by "themeid" and not sure if this is part of wpmudev.

I did download the framemarket theme but have not uploaded to wordpress yet. I did not find any documentation to help with configuring to my taste. I did try looking in the manual section of the site and got directed to another site which of course I did not get my questions answered.

The reason for the question is because I have marketpress installed on the themeid theme and I am beating my head against the wall with customizing and i am not talking about the code, I am referring to store settings and such.

Thank you in advance for your expert advice.

Paula

• Patrick

Hiya @pksnyder

In order for the marketpress plugin to work properly do I need to use the framemarket or simple market theme?

No, MarketPress can be used with any theme that respects WordPress coding standards.

After clicking around it appears that theme it is by "themeid" and not sure if this is part of wpmudev.

Nope. Nothing to do with WPMU DEV, but that theme is a very good one that we actually featured a while back on WPMU.org: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/responsive-a-simple-free-wordpress-theme-with-tons-of-extras/

I am beating my head against the wall with customizing and i am not talking about the code, I am referring to store settings and such.

Ouch! Don't do that :slight_smile:

First of all, are you installing MarketPress on a single site installation? Or are you running a network and want users to be able to create their own stores?

Can you be more precise as to what you are trying to accomplish, and where exactly you are having difficulty?

Also, please review the usage details found here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/#usage

• pksnyder

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Sorry I was sketchy with my question. At the time it sounded thorough. :slight_smile:

My 2nd question is referring to the current theme that i have installed, and thanks for clarifying that wpmudev did feature that theme before, because I feel sure I downloaded it from a link from the wpmudev site.

Marketpress is on a single site installation at the time.

A few things that i am having trouble with : the image sizes in product listing and product pages.

The site I am working on is a skincare site and the some of the products are taller than others; for example: the lip balm. No matter what I do to that image, it is either way too big or it looks short and squatty. I have done everything i know to do in order for it to appear correctly on the website. (resize, scale, crop etc..)

Any words of wisdom on what to do? There are 5 products that are tall like the lip balm. It is very frustrating and that is not to mention that at times I feel like I am wasting my time. I have spent countless hours on this one issue alone. :slight_frown:

One more thing that I think there is not an option for, but I thought i would ask anyway. When I click on the product itself, (not product listing) is there a way to move the "add to cart" button above the description? I have a brief description which shows in the product listing, however, once the product is clicked on, there is a longer description that tells the customer how to use the product etc.. and the add to cart button is at the very bottom of the page and I don't like that.

I tried adding the line break thing, but that did not work, and I have no idea what to do next.

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Paula

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.