Marketpress and Global Site Search

Hi, I need to create a site where users can sign up and post their products (this is all they can do though, no pages or posts just upload products), there will be no product listing page. The products can only be found by searching, either the title or a custom field.

So if someone does a search and they find what they are looking for they can buy the product, the money will go to the user and the site will take $1.

I’m thinking of doing this with multisite, Marketpress and using Global site search to do the product search – Will it be able to search products on all subsites?

If you could advise on the plugins I need to achieve this and the best way to do it it would be great!

Thanks,

Christian.

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

Global Site Search will be able to search products on the sub sites.

However, the MarketPress plugin automatically creates product pages and other related pages. Completely disabling them would require some custom development.

Although… It may be as simple as turning archive.php into a 404 error page. Although that may depend on the theme you’re using.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.