MarketPress and Headway

Hi

I've been scouring the forums for days now and I have not had much success besides creating a cart via the HTML/PHP leaf - which does not work (clicking checkout takes your to the non-working standard Shopping Cart page - which does not generate in Headway.)

I as many other users chose MarketPress because it was stated to work 100% with Headway (this is what 100% compatibility tends to imply.) It does not. The only thing that works is products and product display. The rest of the funnel from adding to your cart does not exist - and the manual is not even up yet (April 1st it was "coming soon")

I have got a client site standing around with its pants down because this supposed 100% compatibility is not in existence.

Please can you help me with the full instructions for implementing the work around to get your product to work in this context (one your promise in numerous places that it does.)

Thanks in advance

• zanedickens
    • Flash Drive

Hi

I've had to roll back as it was a live site.

The problems were mainly with the Checkout Page (under the default Store slug) not generating at all =- I have an empty box. This is apparently based on how Headway renders page templates (strange given the 100% compatibility)

Basically all the pages that are meant exist under the Store slug do not. I had to manually create the products page - which suits me seeing as I had a custom format in place already. However the workaround for the cart does not allow checking out.

I am using the latest version of WordPress 3.1.4 with the latest version of Headway 2.11

This is the site http://bundleojoy.co.uk/ (I have rolled back to wp e-commerce - which was painful, as I thoroughly hate that plugin)

When clicking on checkout using the widget it takes me to the http://bundleojoy.co.uk/store/shopping-cart which does not exist. I.e. it has not been created / does not work with Headway. I have not been able to test further than this as I do not know any other way to side step this process.

I created a faux-checkout page by placing PHP for the cart in a HTML/PHP leaf and was able to display it but unable to proceed.

Please let me know if this helps narrow it down. Its the same problem numerous other users have had. I have not been able to find a solution as yet. So either there are no working Headway + Marketpress sites or no one has posted the correct work around...

I have spent days so far, so would appreciate it if the instructions were collated somewhere for Headway.

Thanks in advance,
    (I am heading out now will check back in a few hours - not sure of your time zone but its 6:45 pm here, I will still check for responses when I return.)

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Okay, it does seem that Headway breaks out of the standard page template. It's annoying because every theme that does that is forcing plugins to break. Imagine if 100 themes did that? We'd have to cater our plugin the to standard + 100 variations - nightmare!

This is why we never promise compatibility with anything other than our own plugins and themes!

A lot of work has gone into compatibility and Aaron has said that a future version of MarketPress will add this unusual step of adding theme-specific support for Headway and it'd be worth checking out this thread:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-and-headway-together

Phil

• zanedickens
    • Flash Drive

Hi Phil,

I understand and I fully agree with you. But as a limited user when it comes to understanding PHP and the workings of this or other themes all I tend to see is this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/easily-customize-your-wordpress-store-with-marketpress-and-headway-now-100-compatible/

So I tend to draw the conclusion that your cross marketing (you both promote each others products to a degree) is based on a mutual agreement to work together to have compatible software.

WRT Aaron's post do you mean this section [which incidentally I had read numerous times]:
    Aaron Lead Developer: Posted on 19th March 2011 (3 months ago)

The latest MP version should be compatible. We're even setting up a test site for it at wp-ecommerce.org.

My understanding is that there had been an update since then. Also where is this test site. I don't need 100% compatibility I just need your core functionality and I am willing to wait as long as it takes just so that I don't have to use WP E-commerce which frankly makes me want to huddle in a corner and cry. I cannot change themes unfortunately as a ton of work has gone into it and the client is very happy with how it is currently (she also really liked how MarketPress ended up looking - its sooo much easier to "skin" than WP - eC)

My argument is that either post an update or retraction or fix the issue. Working together with the Headway guys it shouldn't take 3 months to solve it? I do not know the complexity of the situation but it seems like it simply is not a high priority (which is understandable) but then please do not make it a selling point and thus trapping users like myself. As this was the primary reason I bought my membership (I have gained far more additional value from your other plugins so no lasting harm - but this does damage your reputation in my eyes.)

Also David posted:

I've been working with Headway and MarketPress myself and found they've played very nicely together given the latest versions

Great that's awesome please list how and I can happily move right along.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Okay, just spoken to the developers on this to clarify the situation.

Support was added for Headway, hence the WPMU.org post. However, Headway have since altered their themes in such a way that breaks MarketPress when used together.

We have a few developers working on getting this fixed again so we hope to get something sorted soon. The release of WP 3.2 has obviously held us back while we ensure compatibility but we'll be back on it soon.

Thanks for your patience,
    Phil

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem
    was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this
    thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not
    Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU
    DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of
    assistance in the future.

Thanks!

• zanedickens
    • Flash Drive

Hi Mason,

Sorry for the delayed response - it works pretty much perfectly now and I am using it now on all e-commerce sites that my company develops. Thanks again for the rapid turnaround and the excellent customer service.

Keep well, thanks again!

Z.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.