Marketpress and New Blog Templates Plugin error 404

So i edited my main theme for my main page and i like the way it looks.
i then edited /template and got it the way i want it.

so i go to Blog Templates and create a template based on /template and set it as default.

Now whenever anyone or myself creates a new site it says "page not found".

anyone know why this could be?

is it because the url is /template, and when New Blog Templates plugin asks for blog ID, i just put "2", because that is the order in which it was created?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

when New Blog Templates plugin asks for blog ID, i just put "2", because that is the order in which it was created?

Is that the actual ID of the blog you want to use as a template?

From Network Admin>Sites, when your mouse is over the blog you're using as a template, the link preview that appears (normally at the bottom of your browser window) should give you the ID of the blog.

At what point in the process do you get the 'page not found'? Is the site actually created?

Also a look through your PHP error logs may provide some additional info as to what's going on here.

Let us know.

Thanks!

• geoffist
    • New Recruit

Ah yes! This worked perfectly! I had created the page already, set the ID as "2" because it was the 2nd blog created, didnt work so i tried 1 under the assumption that maybe 0 was the first one. But then took your advice! Gotta look at the blog ID that the system assigns it. It ended up being 5!

Thanks so much!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.