MarketPress and PayPal

Hello, just recently joined and love what I'm seeing! Can't wait to try out all the excellent plugins you provide!

I wanted to test the MarketPress plugin as I've been looking for a good e-commerce solution integrated with WordPress.

For starters, I want to just go through the process of checking out through PayPal Express. In MarketPress payment settings, I have set it to sandbox. I then defined my paypal's api settings.

1. Do I need to use different api settings if I'm in sandbox mode?

2. Is there anything else I need to define on PayPal's side?

Thanks for the help!

• DavidM

Hi jacorre and first off, welcome to WPMU DEV! Glad to have ya as a member!

For the sandbox you would need separate credentials, which you can setup with PayPal as follows:
    https://developer.paypal.com/

That developer site gives you all you need to get that setup and you can add the credentials from there in the MarketPress PayPal Express gateway settings.

You'll need to also create user accounts there as well, which you'd use for testing purposes. The site goes over all of those things.

Let us know if you have any questions on that!

Thanks,
    David

• jacorre

Hi David,

I know there are discussions going on about the shipping page not being needed if selling a digital file. I'm in agreement with that and look forward to any future development for that functionality. Might I also add that when providing digital files, that a quantity field is not needed?

While going through the checkout process, if I don't enter a correct City on the Shipping Details page and I click Continue Checkout, I end up on a page with no information on it. If I click Continue Checkout again, that's when I see the following error:

10736 - Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal Code - A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed.

Why is there a blank page appearing before seeing the real error? I would think the error should appear immediately after try to continue checking out?

I did have success getting to my test sandbox page after putting in the correct City.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.