MarketPress and Paypal PayFlow Pro

I am using the PayPal Payflow Pro option in MarketPress. Is it using the method with Transparent Redirect or not? (Payflow Pro can be used with our without this feature).
The reason I need to know is that a client is requesting we are PCI compliant beyond just using the PayPal gateway.
PayPal themselves partners with a security firm - panopticsecurity.com - that can give you a "compliance seal" if you supply them with tons of info.
But, the first info they need is whether or not we're using PayFlow Pro with or without "Transparent Redirect". If using it, only a "SAQ A" compliance test is issued. Without it, we must meet "SAQ C" test, which is much more detailed.

This is from PayPay's own site:

"With Payflow Pro, you can integrate using our Transparent Redirect feature to help reduce the burden of PCI compliance. With Transparent Redirect, all you need to do is fill out the SAQ-A form."

So, back to the basic question - does the MarketPress PayFlow Pro integration use "Transparent Redirect" or not?

Thanks in advance!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @peter,

I haven't ever used the payflow, but I don't see anything that says what method it uses, I will flag the developer for you who should be able to give more details on the technical side of how it's used. Hopefully he should respond shortly

Hope this helps

• Peter
    • New Recruit

It does, looking forward to more info. My backup option is Stripe, but even that comes with a question - does the Marketpress implementation of Stripe use either stripe.js or Checkout for the transmission? Only then is it fully PCI compliant. If you would, please pass on that question as well. Here's the Stripe doc on the matter:
    https://stripe.com/us/help/faq#security-and-pci

It would be helpful/beneficial for Marketpress to include this in the basic documentation - it is after all critical to the successful usage of an e-commerce plugin.

Thanks in advance,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.