Marketpress and Redis

When using MarketPress with Redis Object cache the checkout page returns old results. We have tried this on two different servers and got the same result. We first thought it was related to product variations but after further testing we realized it was all products that where returning the wrong result (wrong product and price)on the check page. So far we are only getting errors with the marketpress plugin and so far only on the checkout page.

We are using azure redis with the till kruss ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/redis-cache/ )

  • Nastia

    Hello Bryant , I hope you are doing well today!

    I can't replicate the same on my installation. Would you please provide more detailed steps so I could try and replicate it?

    Does the wrong price and products are showing up in the order's details too? Is this happens with a specific product, or with all products?

    Would you please grant access to your site so I can see it in action, from WPMU DEV > Support?

    Please advise,

    Kind regards,
    Nastia

  • Bryant

    I have opened access. Redis is currently turned off. If You purchase any product (https://getideakit.com/ideakits/) select a product and scroll to the bottom of the page to add to Cart. With out redis enabled checkout page, and mini cart work as normal.
    If you enable redis by going to admin -> settings -> redis and then enable redis.

    When you go through the process of adding a product the cart again, the information in the cart will not be correct. The product may be wrong, the price may be wrong, picture. We get a different result on each test.

    Please flush the redis cache before disabling it again.

  • Sajid

    Hello Bryant,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

    Thanks for enabling the support staff access. However, when I logged and tried to enable object cache. I got logged out automatically and taken to /wp-login.php page.

    I tried to login again but got invalid access token error.

    But please note that, never enable object cache of any plugin during the development or while you are making changes. So first disable object cache, make changes and then enable again.

    Let me know if that did the trick and don't forget to enable support staff access again. To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

    Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

    Best Regards,
    Sajid