Marketpress and WPML Inventory

I've got Marketpress and WPML installed and working as I'd expect BUT it looks like the translated version of the product is treated as an entirely separate product from the original - is there anyway to use the inventory control within marketpress and have it treat the translations as the same product - in reality they are the same product I've just got descriptions in different languages.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bobinfrance,

Thank you for the great question in which I have no idea if this can be performed without custom coding and if this is also the intended use.

The one thing I do not understand is if you did not want English as well - why did you not just type in the description in French?

Personally if I were trying to manage this - I would be using WPML for everything but dealing with the products - which would be natively titled in French and the descriptions created the same way.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• bobinfrance
    • Flash Drive

Sorry I didn't explain clearly - as an example if I had a product which was a box of cards I want to display that for sale in French as a boîte de cartes and in English as a box of cards - it is exactly the same product I'm just selling it to English speaking and French speaking clients. So inventory wise I'd like a sale on the French side of things to reduce the quantity in the same way as a sale on the English side - they are the same product not a French and English version.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings bobinfrance,

Thank you for letting us know and absolutely they will be willing to help, they have a vested interest in making sure that WPML works with Market Press as you are probably aware of by now.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and we are here if you need us.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.