Marketpress Audio Player Preview

In Marketpress, I'd like to be able to show an mp3 preview by intergrating the audio player plugin to show a preview, along with price and details, from the selcected product any time the product is called in the frontend. A different cart system ive worked with has a functionality like this. Would this be a feature request? Or can somebody help me some with this?

Thank you!!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Stryker,

MarketPress doesn't have a specific preview feature at this time, but generally the way I've seen it done and one way I've done it myself, is to include a slightly lower quality preview version in the product description itself.

With that, you could use any of the audio player plugins, such as the following, to play the demo file:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/media-element-html5-video-and-audio-player/

How would that work for you?

-David

• Stryker
    • Flash Drive

Well, i attempted this method. It would be fine, except it only shows those previews in the single product page, and not in list form. I need to work similar to how it would if someone were selling a cd. The whole cd would be called to list its contents and the previews would be by each track. Its also essential to display random tracks (in my case beats, im creating a production site with an open network of producers) in the sidebars. Maybe this could be submitted as a feature request?

Thank you!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Stryker,

Sure thing, we can definitely have a look at this via a feature request. I'll move this over to the request forum for that matter.

I'd also like to mention, there are various plugins that let you play multiple audio files within a post and the following article seems to provide a pretty good list of them:
    http://smashingwall.com/wordpress/free-music-player-plugins/

That said, any +1s for an integrated audio preview?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Actually, I just realized, the only way I think this could be done would be to include an editor to let you splice the file up to generate a preview.

Otherwise, users would be able to access the original file by looking at the page's javascript code.

@Stryker, in thinking further through it, I think it'd be best to customize the product list view by creating a new function similar to the mp_list_products() function from marketpress-includes/template-functions.php, then using that function in your own custom category or otherwise product list template.

It's a bit advanced, but it can be done and would be the optimal method apart from only having the preview in the single listing.

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.