MarketPress - BuddyPress Compatible?

In your description it says "And, did you know that MarketPress is also 100% WordPress Multisite and BuddyPress compatible - so you can use it to start your own Etsy or Ebay style network of stores… where you take a % on each sale!!!"

I understand the % of each sale bit. I don't understand how this is BuddyPress compatible (users cannot post products that show in a profile). My other question is how does a user create an "online store"? Would users have to make a login for the WP backend and front end of BuddyPress? Their is no place in the frontend that would allow a user to create a store.

Visit http://www.juleree.com to see it as is.

I have both BuddyPress and WPMU installed and maybe I don't need both - I basically want something like Etsy with a bit more socialness.

It just all seems to be far from BuddyPress compatible in my opinion.

• aristath

Hello there @CTerterian,

how does a user create an "online store"?

In order for users to be able to create their own store, your WordPress installation should be a multisite-one, so that users can create their own "site". Each site will then be a store in your network of stores - just like Etsy.
    As for BuddyPress compatibility, I believe that if you enable the BuddyPress integration, the users activity will appear under BuddyPress's activities.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• CTerterian

Thank you for your response. Once again, I understand the basic concept.

I simply want visitors to be able to register as either a "member" or a "create your own store" option when they go to a page. I am not sure how to do this?

Does this registration always happen on the backend of WP? Personally I think it would be best if you developed a front-end way of managing the store.

I also want users to remain logged in throughout the multiple sites, and not have to log in multiple times.

Thank you.

• aristath

I simply want visitors to be able to register as either a "member" or a "create your own store" option when they go to a page. I am not sure how to do this?

I would advise you to install BuddyPress and customize its registration template to suit your needs, changing its fields and texts to your liking.

Does this registration always happen on the backend of WP? Personally I think it would be best if you developed a front-end way of managing the store.

Using BuddyPress as I mentioned earlier you can do most of the work on the frontend. As for frontend management of your site, there's a third party plugin for that: http://mp-frontend.info/

I also want users to remain logged in throughout the multiple sites, and not have to log in multiple times.

Are you by any chance using our Domain Mapping and Multiple Domains plugins?
    On domain mapping there's an option that allows global logins if I remember correctly.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• vangel

I am more interested in the eBay style. While marketpress claims a lot of this stuff, there is no documentation on how to go about this. I have a multisite but thats not what eBay is about. Basically users join buddypress and list a product they want to sell and do so via the marketpress (assuming stuff here). In between there is possibly a percentage for operator or not. Either way I am not seeing how this is possible. (like eBay)

• aristath

Hello there @abhishek,
    Even on eBay users have their own "store", a place where you can see all their listings.
    Well, MarketPress does the same thing, but using the the WordPress Multisite infrastructure.
    As for charging for the servixes, there 2 ways to go about this:
    1. Charge users to create a shop using the Pro-Sites plugin
    2. Take a cut from each sale: Simply enable the PyPal Chaned Payments payment gateway.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.