Marketpress Capability

I'm embarassed to say I've never used Marketpress on a project. I probably just know the Jigo/Woo code too well to have branched out - so forgive my feature ignorance.

I've got a client who needs to be able to do custom jewelry orders but I've reached the limitations of the "group product" type.

1. Customer picks a style of jewelry
2. Customer picks the types of beads the want and how many of each.
3. Price is tabulated and the product is added to the cart.

This can all be handled with a group product - right up to the point where a purple bead needs to be available to three different styles of jewelry. Woo/Jigo group products would require me to create the child product 3 times.

It is my hope that Marketpress may have solved this more elegantly.

Has it?

• Patrick

@Imperative Ideas

With MarketPress, you can groups products via product categories. Then, you can create as customizable a product as you can dream up.

For your client's needs, the main jewelry styles can be designated via product categories, and each product can have an unlimited number of variations, including # of beads and color. For example:

Product category: Bracelets.
    Product: Cool customizable bracelet.

Variations:

Bead type: a, b, c, d
    # of beads: 5, 10, 15, 20
    Bead colors: blue/green. red/yellow, white/black
    Special bead: purple, orange, aqua, none
    Special bead size: 1, 2, 3, 4

Hope this helps, and thanks for being a member!
    If you need more help, don't hesitate to post again and someone will be along as soon as possible.

• aecnu

Greetings Imperative Ideas,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.