MarketPress Category Pages with Upfront

http://rockgym.wpengine.com/store/products/category/aquarium/

All "category" pages, whether directly linked or selecting from the dropdown on the Products page, get directed to an "archive" themed page. Is it possible to override this easily via a configuration setting or code?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Brad,

This is a known compatibility issue between MP3.0 and Upfront. I've just asked our developer what the status of it is. We are working on a compatibility layer for Upfront that should solve a lot of these virtual page issues. Either myself or the developer will post back here once we have some info to pass on :slight_smile: I'll find out if there is a way around it in the meantime.

If you have any further questions for now just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Brad,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I have not heard back from the developer yet regarding this issue. We will post back here once we will have more information to share.

Thank you for your patience and being a member :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Aaron
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

A workaround for this is to rebuild each archive category page in upfront using marketpress widgets or shortcode. If I want to make changes down the road to all the category pages, I find the "save all archives of this type" either does not update other categories or overrides the unique elements of the pages, essentially making it necessary to make changes to the archives individually. Not a huge problem when you're dealing with a handful of categories, but now I'm facing a project with hundreds of categories and subcategories and this workaround is no longer practical.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Luke,

We have a huge compatibility update planned for Upfront 1.5. We're currently in the testing stage for Upfront 1.4, which includes the much anticipated Upfront child theme builder.

1.5 will improve the compatibility with a ton of plugins. It will include WooCommerce support too so you'll have a choice between which eCommerce platform you would like to use. Sorry we don't have that update ready right now for you but it is coming up!

If you have any further questions in the meantime just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.