Marketpress – category view pulling different products in

In category view, instead of just showing all the products in a category I have chosen, Marketpress seems to pull in an image from elsewhere and make the category link, link to that images product, if that makes sense.

For example, see here http://www.30daychallenges.nikkipilkington.com/30day/store/products/category/twitter/

Now, much as I like seeing my mug bandied around, it shouldn’t be at the top of there as it’s the thumbnail for an ebook I don’t have a cover from.

That page should list all the Twitter downloads (ones I’ve tagged with Twitter, including the one with the pic as the thumbnail).

If you look, ‘product category –> Twitter’ at the top doesn’t link to the category, it links to the ebook that thumbnail comes from.

What am I doing wrong?

If it helps, I’m using Genesis latest version with Serenity child theme.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings nikkipilkington :slight_smile:

after taking a look at your web site and seeing what you are talking about, it appears that your theme is substituting your picture as the thumbnail since it does not have a thumbnail to use.

This of course would be inherent to the theme itself.

Therefore a few options I can think of to fix this as you want though not listed in viable order:

change the theme (not good option in my opinion, possibly have a similar or worse problem without thumbnail)

custom code the theme to not substitute the thumbnail with your avatar

add/create a thumbnail (which is the best solution in my opinion)

If we can be of further assistance please let us know :slight_smile:

Joe :slight_smile:

• nikkipilkington
    • New Recruit

Hiya and thanks :slight_smile:

Am I being stupid, or is there not an option to have a thumbnail for a category?

All of my products have thumbnails and featured images. Each category just seems to randomly pull a thumbnail from the products in that category to show at the top. Also, note that the category link at the top then links to the product the thumbnail is pulled from

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.