Marketpress causing edit page/post to not load

Hiya

I'm having trouble with marketpress on my multisite.

When Marketpress is activated I'm not able to edit pages/posts etc ... I just see a page with a number 1 in the top left corner eg: /wp-admin/post.php?post=2510&action=edit

I've tried:

1. renamed /plugins/ folder to /plugins-bak/ and added individual plugins back into new /plugins/ folder one at a time and checking after each one - marketpress caused the error
2. moved only marketpress out of /plugins/ folder - error was gone
3. moved every plugin out of /plugins/ and only had marketpress in there - error was back
4. renamed /themes/ folder and put marketpress back into /plugins/ folder - error was back
5. removed and reinstalled new clean version of mp thru wpmu dev dashboard - error is back
6. downloaded latest marketpress, moved old mp to /plugins-bak/ folder and uploaded newest version - still giving error
7. All plugins, themes & WP are at latest version

I've granted support access on the site ... so ready for help please :slight_smile:

cheers
Stef

• Milan

Hello Stef,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks fora asking us. :slight_smile:

I can replicate issue you are talking about and to dig deep into this issue I'll need ftp and wp admin credentials to your site. So would you be able to send in your FTP and wp-admin credentials so I could take a look more closely ?

You can send the info through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Milan Savaliya"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Once we have this information then I can debug the issue further :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Stef,

I hope you're well today!

I took a liberty of accessing your site using credentials that you sent to Milan. I've enabled WordPress and PHP debugging and noticed some errors (e.g. caused by de-installed W3 Total Cache plugin and Google Libraries plugin that's not compatible with current WP).

There were also two errors in "wp-config.php" file (definitions added after the "/* That's all, stop editing!..." line).

Unfortunately, even fixing these errors and also raising WP allowed memory as well as re-uploading MarketPress (I realize you did this already but I wanted to make sure) did not help yet. I then examined briefly files on the server but those doesn't seem corrupted at first glance. It's impossible however to review all of them manually.

Having said that all, I must admit that it's the first time ever I came across such an issue. It's a bit strange that even Chrome console doesn't return any errors and HTTP response from server doesn't carry any information at all except that "1" number.

Considering all this carefully, I'd like to ask you following:

1. Could you please download WP installation pack (the same as your current version) and then re-upload via FTP these folder and files:

- wp-admin
    - wp-includes
    - wp-activate.php
    - wp-blog-header.php
    - wp-comments.php
    - wp-cron.php
    - wp-file.php
    - wp-links-opml.php
    - wp-load.php
    - wp-login.php
    - wp-mail.php
    - wp-settings.php
    - wp-signup.php
    - wp-trackback.php

2. If this doesn't help, please access your site's db through phpMyAdmin and use it's "Repair table" option on all "prefix_posts" tables (where "prefix_" is a prefix used for db tables in your "wp_config.php") file

3. If still no luck, do we have permission to deactivate all plugins and if necessary change theme on your site? I realize that's a live site and it may cause some difficulties/interrupt user experience significantly so you may want to setup a staging site (1:1 exact copy) somewhere on your server and give us access to it instead.

Please make sure that you made full backup of the site (files and db) prior to each of these actions.

Keep me updated, please!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.