Marketpress chained payments api

Hi,
I have a multisite store in place catrinasgarden.com and I am trying to get approval from PayPal for chained payments. All I want to do is take a percentage from my store owners sales so I set up my sandbox with a test buyer, test seller for my store owner and test super admin seller I have fake e-mails, fake api codes and fake passwords. I set up the test store http://sandrajsbees.catrinasgarden.com with a test product and went throught the set up of store setting for that store. I am following a pdf written by osbod (of course I can't find that post anymore but I did save the pdf. I disabled all other payment gateways in the super admin settings area and I only have chained payments activated. I used my sandbox api user name, password and signature for the super admin in the area for paypal api credentials and paypal sandbox api credentials. I set the main store to sand box and activated chained payments and used my pretend super admin email address from my sandbox account. My test store is set to chained payments and is in sandbox mode too. I used the pretend seller email address from my sandbox. Next I tried to buy my test product. the price was 0.01 and my shipping is set to zero. I get an error that says (see screenshot)
There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.
?580022 - Invalid request parameter: amount must be greater than zero
Any ideas?

Do I really have to keep my main store in sandbox mode and totally shut down my business while I wait the 3 weeks for my approval? Please tell me I don't have to shut down my business.

Thanks,
Catrina

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Catrina,

Next I tried to buy my test product. the price was 0.01 and my shipping is set to zero. I get an error that says (see screenshot)
    There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.
    ?580022 - Invalid request parameter: amount must be greater than zero
    Any ideas?

I believe the transaction must be at least 50 cents if not a dollar or else PayPal will reject the transaction.

I have not tested the minimum with them for a long time but I would try 50 cents first and then one dollar.

In addition, remember the amount must be dividable by the percentage cut you are to get, therefore one cent cannot be divided by two parties and the answer would be zero since whole numbers are certainly required in monetary transactions.

Do I really have to keep my main store in sandbox mode and totally shut down my business while I wait the 3 weeks for my approval? Please tell me I don't have to shut down my business.

OK - I wont tell you that but this is the case. Of course you can use another gateway but you will not get the cut of other stores as you have planned with chained payments.

However, it has nothing to do with WPMU Dev taking up to three weeks to possibly approve you site, it is on PayPal unfortunately and the time their tech's take to check it out.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Please advise if changing the amount of your transaction as mentioned above cures the error realtive to chained payments.

Cheers, Joe

• Catrina
    • Flash Drive

Hey Joe,
    Thanks for your quick reply. Hope I wasn't too grumpy, I think I was tired and frustrated.
    I knew it was pay pal not you guys that take a long time. I was just reading all of these horror stories on the forum about how long it took everyone to get approved. Spring is the most important time for a plant related business so I'm frustrated but it's partially my fault too for not keeping up with my goals.

Of course now that you explain it the logic is so obvious, of course I can't take a percentage of 1 cent. I'll just raise the price on my test product and let you know if that worked.

Silly me I really must have been tired, I even attached a screen shot of the wrong page.
    Catrina

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Catrina,

No problem and I can certainly relate to the frustration and being tired part too - as you could imagine trying to solve problems on a global scale and infinite configuration possibilities.

Please let me know how it goes with your test of more then one cent :slight_smile:

We are here to help you if at all possible.

Cheers, Joe

• Catrina
    • Flash Drive

Hi,
    Well, I'm getting there.
    The sandbox test worked with a 1.00 test product.
    I filled out my application and SUPRISE my application was "conditionally approved" almost imediately and I was given a live APP ID. I switched to live mode here were the steps that used:

In super admin left the payment choice as chained payments only, no other selections available to store owners. I put in my real e-mail address, live API user name, password and signature (just checking - I should use the same one that I was using in paypal express before right?). I added my new APP ID. I left the sandbox credentials the same as before.

In my primary store I switched to live mode. I left payment gateway at chained payments (or should this be paypal express?) I also added Manual Payments (is this okay for my main store only?). I do not have global payments selected. I put in my real e-mail address and switched to live mode.

In my test store I switched to live mode and I used my Private e-mail address which has my private paypal account attached to it. Do the store owners have to have a business account? Could that be the problem? I hope not because most of my people will not have business accounts.

Then I tried to buy the test product using my husbands e-mail address (maybe the error was because we share that private paypal account if so any suggestions of how I should test the live set up - have a friend buy the test product?)

Here is the error message I got:
    ?550001 - User is not allowed to perform this action

Thanks,
    Catrina

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Catrina,

There are two possibilities that I am aware of that can cause this problem.

a) That the Paypal accounts of both the host (you) and the store owner must be verified PayPal accounts.

b) That the API itself is authorized for chained payments in which you have said that you have conditional permission thereof.

Please advise how you make out with the above additional information.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Catrina,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• Catrina
    • Flash Drive

Thanks,
    I did finally get this figured out. I used the directions given in the PDF by Osbod. Here is the thread where this is located https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/paypal-x-process#post-95657 . I still had some difficulties when going throught the process so I have added some of my tips for newbies at the bottom of that thread in the hopes that it will help others avoid the pitfalls that I fell into.
    Of course getting over this hump raises new questions, but I will start a new thread and this one can remain closed.
    Catrina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.