marketpress checkout button not shown in internet explorer

Hi,
We have a problem with market press (2.8), the payment information page. In IE9 (9.0.8112.16421) the checkout button is not shown the moment you click a payment option. In other browsers no problem.
Can you give us advise. It is a live website.
regards,
sytze cats

• sytze_cats
    • New Recruit

Hi Timothy,

glad you answer. I sent you two screenshots, one ie.jpg, the other safari.jpg
    The moment you choose a payment method on the payment information page, in ie the checkout button is not appearing.

The link of the site is: heidiliebt.com

The site is live.
    Hope you can help me solving this problem.

Thanks

• sytze_cats
    • New Recruit

HI,

An update concerning the issue that the continue checkout button is not appearing. I think the problem is in the theme that is used. Switching to the grid market theme, the button appears in ie. So there is some code conflicting. Can you give me a hint what that can be? In the mean time i've made a copy of the shop on another domain where i can try things out.
    Thanks.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@sytze_cats

I've confirmed the odd disappearing button behavior while testing on a Windows PC running IE 9.

The following error message pops up in the console when clicking through to the "Choose a Payment Method" page:
    HTML1113: Document mode restart from Quirks to IE9 Standards
    Pertinent info can be found here: http://hsivonen.iki.fi/doctype/

More, while running the debug tool in IE9, this little beast appears:
    SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'addEventListener'
    Scripts need debugging. But, I'm by no means a wiz with JS/jQuery, so I'm just hoping this may help someone knowledgeable come up with a solution. :slight_smile:

One additional detail: as soon as I add a product to the cart in IE, I'm redirected to checkout rather than remaining on the same page to continue shopping.

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• sytze_cats
    • New Recruit

Hi Timothy and Patrick,

Problem solved. Nothing to do with marktpress. :wink:
    We're using a theme with responsive design. In it there is the code matchMedia which was not supported by IE. We've excluded this code for IE and now the checkout button appears.

Thanks for the help you gave.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.