marketpress checkout collects info on site then transfers to paypal with no info

Hello,

Sandbox paypal

Paypal express checkout should stay on the marketpress site correct?
Checking out as guest marketpress collects info on the site but then transfers to paypal and no info is put into paypal forms. I was expecting no transfer.

Do you have a setup checklist to follow so I can make sure I have the proper setup?

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Lee,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, it will redirect users to PayPal site to get the authentication token to approve the payments on PayPal either via their card or PayPal balance.

If you don't want to redirect users to PayPal then use PayPal Payflow Pro payment gateway instead of PayPal Express Checkout.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Lee

I hope you are doing well today!

I can't reproduce what you are mentioned here.

I have filled user personal information on my site, proceeded to PayPal checkout, and since my personal information is already there I didn't have to fill them again.

Most likely the test PayPal account it didn't have user personal information which is required from PayPal, so it asked for them during the purchase. This should happen only once.

Please try again to purchase an item from your store with the same test account. Will it ask you again for user information? If it will ask, please let me know for what information the PayPal is asing for so I could try and recreate this.

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Lee
    • Syntax Hero

i am testing as guest purchase and credit card payment. which will be almost all of my sales.

i get ask for same info 3 times before purchase. one on site, two on paypal and three on paypal yet another page.

complete entire transaction to see all the requests.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Lee,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I also, could not replicate this issue on my own site either like Nastia. The billing/shipping details is forwarded to PayPal from store and also held throughout the checkout process.

Please share the link of your website and also grant support staff access so I can take a closer look. To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or see this manual.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.