MarketPress checkout is showing a blank page

MarketPress - checkout stalls and goes to a white screen. The order is processed and an e-mail sent confirming the transaction, but the customer is just taken to a white screen after the final step of checkout.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jon,

Hope you're doing well.

It looks like there's a timeout issue on your site during the checkout, can you try increasing execution time to 60 seconds so we can see if it will work after that or perhaps give us some more info about what's causing this long process time?

You can increase the maximum execution time by following the instructions provided on below page:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors#Maximum_execution_time_exceeded

Let us know once it's increased so we can have another look at this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

That actually made things WORSE. It still hangs and eventually goes to the white screen. Now it also sends the customer multiple e-mails for the same transaction. So now my customers not only get annoyed by a stalled page that goes to a blank screen, they get hit with duplicate e-mails.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jon,

Sorry about that, but this does give us more information in debug.log

There are many warnings coming from your child theme and it might be related to that, can you try switching to parent theme and test if the issue is still there after that?

There's also one error that mentions SmartCrawl but it's again in a relation to the child theme itself so it's best to give it a try with parent theme and see what happens.

I have renamed your current debug file so when you perform the tests with parent theme if the issues are still there let us know so we can check the new log file.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jon

I have the child theme because another member of your support team gave me some CSS to use on my site. If I switch away from the child theme, I am sure doing so will break that work. I will try it now and cross my fingers.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jon,

I think you can switch back to your child-theme as the parent one was only for testing.

I have conducted a lot of tests yesterday and today on your site and also on my test setup, trying to find the reason for that behavior or at least replicate it on my end. Unfortunately, I did not come up with anything yet. I also read again your chat about the issue and this thread and I noticed that one thing that wasn't mentioned was a plugin conflict test.

Was it performed? If not, could you please give it a try? Basically, that means disabling all the plugins except MarketPress and checking if the issue still occurs. If not, then enable one of the plugins back and check again and repeat that with next plugins until checkout break again. Once that happens, we'd know that the last plugin enabled is causing the issue and we could take it from here.

Let me know please about the test result. I think I'll need to call our developers for help so knowing about outcome of that test could greatly help them in finding the solution.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Jon

OK, even with every other plugin deactivated except for MarketPress, the issue remains. I should also point out that when I originally chatted about this, it was found the users with Microsoft Edge browser did not seem to have this issue. Users of every other browser did. This tells me it is a bug within MarketPress itself. Hope this helps.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jon,

We were doing some additional tests with similar setup as yours, with the same plugins installed but we were still unable to replicate this issue so it seems that this is something specific to your installation.

I have forwarded this issue to our developers so they can further investigate it and see what could be causing this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ivan
    • Developer

Hi Jon !

It seems it was a bug in the plugin. I added this code to {wordpress_folder}/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/class-mp-cart.php file via FTP on your site in the beginning of _convert_to_objects function (approximately 348th line)

$products  = array();
    if ( empty( $items ) ) {
    	return $products;
    }

And now it works better.

Also, I'll ping our developers to fix it.

Best regards,
    Ivan.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.