Marketpress checkout not going to paypal express checkout

I’ve enabled the paypal sandbox on the site to test paypal express checkout, this is the only gateway selected.

I’ve entered the api username, api password and signature into the payments setting page and set the paypal mode to sandbox.

Procedure:

click product image on homepage

click buy now on single product page

click checkout now

enter shipping information

click continue checkout

This is where I’d expect to be redirected to paypal but instead I’m getting the order confirmation page.

• jmacmullen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I’m adding an update to this because I’ve been testing and I hadn’t given any of the products a sku or price. Once I added the sku and a price to the product I was directed to paypal when checking out.

I’m thinking that the implementer needs to be notified of this situation somehow if possible. I’ll do some more testing and mark this as resolved if all goes well.

• jmacmullen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I’m marking this as resolved but I also think development should think about a way of catching this if possible. Not having a sku is fine and will run through the payment transaction but having a price of $0.00 will cause the plugin not to go out to paypal.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello jmacmullen,

Thanks for posting on the fourms and coming back and mark this as resolved. I appreciate your suggestion regarding “Having a price of 0.00 will cause plugin not go out to PayPal”

I would really like to know more on this before I take it up to the developer as a suggestion.

If it takes you to the order confirmation page instead of PayPal, that should ideally be fine as it does not have to take a payment for a product priced $0.00.

Please advise

Cheers

PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.