Marketpress - Checkout not working

I'm having problem with the checkout process on this site. I added a product to my cart. I decided to check out as guest. After typing in my personal info and credit card details, i was redirected to the first checkout screen where I have to login or select continue as guest.

I clicked on continue as guest again. My personal details were still populated. I still had the same item in the cart. I added the credit card information again, clicked sumbit and the same thing happened. No error messages were displayed.

I'm in an endless loop. Please help :slight_smile:

I've granted support access to the site.

• Luís

Hi Jenny ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I tested the Simplify gateway in my install using a sandbox account and it worked as expected.

1) Can you please test your website using a sandbox API Keys? You will need to use "Test" cards, because "Real card numbers" will not be valid in sandbox mode:

https://www.simplify.com/commerce/docs/testing/test-card-numbers

2) Have you created the webhook in the Simplify Account Settings?

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Jenny

Hi Luis,

First, I went and updated the website to use the sandbox API keys. After doing so, I made a test purchase using one of the test cards. I was able to make a purchase.

Next, I put back the private API keys. I tried to make the same purchase and ended up in the same loop.

I'm not sure what you are referring to in regards to the webhook in the simplify account settings.

This ecommerce on this site was setup last year and had been running fine.

Please let me know if you want me to leave the sandbox or private keys in there.

Thanks,
    Jenny

• James Morris

Hello Jenny,

I'm working with my colleague Luís here to help you resolve this problem.

I've checked your site and run through a test transaction and I'm seeing the same results you are describing. However, I'm not seeing any error messages and my transaction was not registered in the system. In order to help you better with this issue, I'm going to need to perform some more advanced debugging.

Would you please grant me access to your site and server so I can look into this issue further for you?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Jenny,

I've taken a look at your site and I'm seeing a couple issues that are likely contributing to the problems you're having.

First, your hosting account is running on PHP 5.3.x which is an unsupported version of PHP. The oldest version we support is 5.4.x and we strongly recommend updating to at least 5.6.x. WordPress.org is now recommending at least PHP 7.x.

I've checked your hosting account and it is possible to upgrade to 5.6.x, but I have not done so. That is something you will need to review and do. I cannot be certain of any other programs you have running and do not want to break anything that may require an older version. If you wish to update PHP, you will need to login to your hosting provider and go to Additional Tools -> CGI and Scripted Language Support and select PHP 5.6.x.

Next, I see you're running an older version of MarketPress. Once you have updated PHP, I suggest you update MarketPress to the latest version. There have been some bug fixes and improvements in the latest version. This very well may address your problem.

If you still continue to have this problem, please reply back here and we will continue to dig into this issue until we find a resolution. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Jenny,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in resolving this issue.

I've been doing some extensive testing on my own development servers as well as on your site. I've been unable to replicate your issue on 2 different dev servers, but I am unable to get checkout to work on your site, no matter what I do.

I went ahead and performed a full plugin/theme conflict check to eliminate the possibility of any other code affecting MarketPress. With only MarketPress, WPMU DEV Dashboard enabled and using the default Twenty Seventeen theme, your site would not proceed through the transaction process. It would continue to loop.

Looking at your debug.log output, I found the following:

[03-Mar-2017 22:50:21 UTC] PHP Warning:  Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_bb86136ce4fc8f34dec2a4bb7b1a62cb, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
    [03-Mar-2017 22:50:21 UTC] PHP Warning:  Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

This indicates that there is an issue with your server that is preventing PHP from writing session information and is likely the cause of why MarketPress is not working correctly.

Would you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to check the permissions and path for PHP sessions and ensure it's correct?

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Jenny,

I've been unable to get to the bottom of this issue myself so I've pinged our SLS Team (code experts) to get their valuable feedback on this issue. I've let them know that this is an urgent matter.

Please keep Support Staff Login enable so our SLS Team can access your site and look into this further. An update will be posted here as soon as technically possible.

Thank you for your patience while we work through this issue.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Jenny

Yes, your co-workers even tried it. From above:

"I went ahead and performed a full plugin/theme conflict check to eliminate the possibility of any other code affecting MarketPress. With only MarketPress, WPMU DEV Dashboard enabled and using the default Twenty Seventeen theme, your site would not proceed through the transaction process. It would continue to loop."

I will create a new WP account and send the login through the contact form again. It still confuses me why you need this since I have enabled access through the dashboard for two more weeks.

• Panos

Hi Jenny ,

Thanks for giving privileges :slight_smile:

I'm so sorry, cause in my last reply I was checking Stripe files. I followed the process of Simplify and everything seemed normal. So, to make sure I had to do real purchases, so I did one when already logged in, and another one as guest. Both went through. I had a checkpoint in the file where it receives the response from simplify and I got :
    $charge->paymentStatus:: APPROVED

What you are describing is what happens when the response is declined, which means that there is something wrong with the CC info you are entering.

Kind regards,
    Panos

• Jenny

I was just able to make two purchases too, and they went through just fine.

However, I don't really believe that each time I tested in the last month (and when your coworkers also tested) that there was an issue with the CC. I successfully used the same credit card today that I had used in the past.

It's not very likely that both James and I repeatedly typed in bad credit card details.

So, what changed? Why does this all of a sudden work?

Next, I did test it today using bad credit card information. When I use bad information, I do end up back at the same main login/checkout screen. But why? Shouldn't something be handling this? I would think the user should be given a message and the opportunity to re-enter the details.

• Panos

Hi Jenny ,

I can't be sure about the previous tests, I just reviewed the code and added checkpoints to get the responses of Simplify api requests and it all seems correct.

I asked James and he told me that when he tested he used Sandbox credit card info. What I think that happened is that it could be possible that the settings keys at that time could be for live payments and that is why sandbox info would fail.

I would think the user should be given a message and the opportunity to re-enter the details.

I also noticed this. This should be taken care of pretty soon but I can't provide any ETA yet.

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.