Marketpress checkout page not working

Predrag Dubajic

I’m calling you here because you already know my site reasonably well and have always been able to help with my most substantial issues.

Checkout pages aren’t being displayed. Here’s an example (you’ll need the credentials I’ve sent through WPMU’s contact form):

https://www.wheelofcommerce.com/jameslogangamingproducts/store/shopping-cart/checkout/

I’ve migrated to Cloudways, it was working on GoDaddy though. According to the guys at Cloudways, “some table seems to be missing in the database”, though presumably they’ve already restored all of it.

Thanks.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Wheel of Commerce,

It’s not Preddy, sorry, your ticket is mine :slight_smile:

I can see issue on your side – there is JS error in browser console, but if Cloudways says that might be related to missing tables in database lets start with that.

I will need to see debug log from your site. Enable logging and go through checkout again so errors will generate.

To enable debug, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

I would need then to see content of the debug.log file – so please upload it to service like a Dropbox and paste link here.

kind regards

Kasia

• Wheel of Commerce
    • WordPress Warrior

Hi, Kasia!

Thanks for answering. I’ve sent the debug.log file through WPMU’s contact form. It’s my latest response to an email that has Predrag’s name on it. I’ve also sent my SFTP credentials, in case it’s needed.

Feel free to use the other credentials provided in that email too. I’m leaving the debug mode on.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Wheel of Commerce,

There is no error in your debug log. Only notices, so it’s hard to say what is exact issue there. But I’m wondering – do you recall what was PHP version you had on your old server? Now you have PHP 7.0 and your MarketPress is still in very old version so it’s possible that something stopped working when switched to new PHP.

Let me know.

kind regards,

Kasia

• Wheel of Commerce
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello, Kasia!

I just talked to Cloudways, I can’t restore my PHP to an older version. I also can’t update anything, as it almost certainly breaks one or more functions of the site. The checkout page itself is generated by TT Marketpress Frontend. Any ideas on this?

Thanks once more, Kasia. :slight_smile:

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi @Wheel+of Commerce,

The checkout page itself is generated by TT Marketpress Frontend. Any ideas on this?

Since I don’t see you mention about performing plugin conflict test, is it okay, if we could check how MarketPress plugin, and TT Marketpress Frontend Admin plugin works when other plugins are disabled in your system? This should help us understand the workflow of your site, and also give us some clue in troubleshooting this further.

Please do let us know if you have already tested this in your system, if yes, then I could check this with the developer to see what could be missed here. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.