Marketpress Checkout Process

I'd like more information about the Marketpress checkout process. I have several questions.

What transactional emails are sent during checkout, and at what step of the process are they sent? And are they just plain text emails? What do they look like? If I wanted to use a transactional email service instead (like mandrill) would I be able to turn marketpress's emails off?

Do the Fedex, ups, or usps apis send shipping and tracking emails to customers?

• James Morris

Hello Justin,

I hope you are well today. I sincerely apologize for the extreme delay in replying to your ticket.

If you go to WP Admin -> Store Settings -> Notifications you will see the emails that are triggered and at what point they are triggered for emails to customers and admins.

Basically, there are these emails that are sent:
    Admin:
    * New Order Notification (sent upon successful order completion)

Shopper:
    * Your Order Confirmation (sent upon successful order completion)
    * Your Order Has Been Shipped! (sent once order is marked as shipped - includes tracking URL if applicable)

For each of the above Shopper notifications, there are 3 templates:
    * PHYSICAL ORDERS
    * DIGITAL DOWNLOADS ORDERS
    * MIXED ORDERS

These are all plain text emails. There's no HTML allowed. These emails look pretty much like any other email from WordPress. However, there a number of placeholder items that can be inserted to dynamically insert specific content. So, they are customizable. See: https://goo.gl/jrD2JY

If I wanted to use a transactional email service instead (like mandrill) would I be able to turn marketpress's emails off?

I'm afraid this is not possible out of the box. However, this would be a nice feature. Would you like me to flag this ticket as a Feature Request?

I hope this clarifies a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help!

Best regards,

James Morris