Marketpress Checkout Process

I'd like more information about the Marketpress checkout process. I have several questions.

What transactional emails are sent during checkout, and at what step of the process are they sent? And are they just plain text emails? What do they look like? If I wanted to use a transactional email service instead (like mandrill) would I be able to turn marketpress's emails off?

Do the Fedex, ups, or usps apis send shipping and tracking emails to customers?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello, Justin!

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The MarketPress plugin sends following mail notifications:

- "New Order" (to admin) - telling that new order was placed

- "New Order" notification to customer - there can be three different emails set for "Physical products", "Downloadable products" and "Mixed" orders
    - Info that order has been shipped (again, three versions available)

And are they just plain text emails? What do they look like?

Yes, these are plain text emails. Here's an example of one of the e-mails:

If I wanted to use a transactional email service instead (like mandrill) would I be able to turn marketpress's emails off?

This is currently not possible "out of the box" and it would require some custom coding which would be a bit outside the scope of this support forum. If you need that implemented, you might want to ask on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Do the Fedex, ups, or usps apis send shipping and tracking emails to customers?

I think they should, most of delivery companies does that It's not related to MarketPress or other e-commerce plugins though as once the package is handed over to them, they take care of the rest of the process

Best regards,
    Adam