Marketpress Checkout Process

I'd like more information about the Marketpress checkout process. I have several questions.

What transactional emails are sent during checkout, and at what step of the process are they sent? And are they just plain text emails? What do they look like? If I wanted to use a transactional email service instead (like mandrill) would I be able to turn marketpress's emails off?

Do the Fedex, ups, or usps apis send shipping and tracking emails to customers?

• Katya Tsihotska

Hello, Justin

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

What transactional emails are sent during checkout, and at what step of the process are they sent? And are they just plain text emails? What do they look like?

There are two kinds of emails sends by MarketPress:
    - New Order. It is sent when a new order is submitted (sends two different emails for the customer and for the site owner).
    - Order Shipped. It is sent when the order status changed to "Shipped".

All of those emails are only plain text. You can see and edit the email templates here: Store Settings > Notifications.

If I wanted to use a transactional email service instead (like mandrill) would I be able to turn marketpress's emails off?

There is no option in MarketPress to turn off emails. But you can integrate Mandrill for sending emails, just install and configure this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpmandrill/

Do the Fedex, ups, or usps apis send shipping and tracking emails to customers?

It would depend on shipping service that you use. Such kind of letters will be sent by shipping service, not by MarketPress. You can set shipping services here: Store Settings > Shipping

Kind regards
    Katya