Marketpress: Country drop-down on the checkout page doesn't appear to be mandatory

I'm having some issues finishing my setup of Marketpress to sell books on my website. The first thing is that the 'country' drop-down on the checkout page doesn't appear to be mandatory - progress is possible without selecting a country from this field. We made a plugin/theme conflict on chat and it looks like this is some theme conflict.

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Ross

I hope you are doing great today. Thank you so much for reporting this issue and thank you so much for your patience.

I tried to replicate the issue on my site and your site but unfortunately, I could not replicate this issue on both my website and your website. I tried to submit the checkout form with all required fields empty and the form was not submitted and I got this:

I also tried to submit all the form with all fields filled but only the country field empty and I got this:

I tried this for both the Billing and Shipping forms and I could not proceed with a required field empty. This means the form is working fine. Could you please confirm if you have resolved this issue by some other means or not. Please let me know if I missed something and I will be happy to have another look. If you feel like we missed something then please clarify how to replicate the issue so I can try to replicate it.

I am looking forward to your response.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Ross

I hope you are doing great today. Thank you so much for your feedback.

I had my colleague test this on their computer with Safari and macOS, he couldn't proceed to the step "3 Review Order/Payment" without choosing a country in Step 2. Here is a screenshot he sent:

In the Checkout page, I see there are 3 steps in the following order:

1 Login/Register
    2 Billing/Shipping Address
    3 Review Order/Payment

But on the screenshot you shared it seems there are two steps in the following order:

1 Billing/Shipping Address
    2 Review Order/Payment

And it seems that the layout is different from what I see on your website. Did you customize the checkout page to remove one step in the checkout process? It also seems that the styling of the checkout page is not the same as the original checkout page and that of your website, this seems to be an issue with scripts or styles not being loaded properly or perhaps you are working on a staging site. If you have an online test/staging site on which you are experiencing the issue, could you please send a link to that as well so that we can test the checkout script.

Could you confirm if JavaScript is enabled on your browser or if there are any conflicting plugins. You can do a conflict test by deactivating all plugins but MarketPress and then do the test again.

If we missed something, please send us a link to the page where you are experiencing this issue and give us the steps to replicate it as it seems we cannot replicate with the normal checkout flow.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other issues.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Ross

I hope you are doing great today. Thank you so much for your patience while I was looking into this issue.

I have checked the other website and replicated the issue. I have verified the issue occurs on the website. It is supposed to check if all the data required fields are populated before allowing to checkout.

I have tried to login to your FTP using the credentials you shared on live chat with one of my colleagues and I could not login. I wanted to apply a fix and do some further tests on your website.

Please find the attached .zip file, download it, extract/unzip it and the upload the contained file to your website on the location:

wp-content/plugins/marketpress/ui/js/mp-checkout.js

After uploading this file, clear your browser's cache then do the test checkout again. This code is should prevent the user from advancing beyond step three if the country and other fields are left blank. If you test this and it still doesn't work, then please update the FTP and WordPress login details you shared with us so that I can login, apply the fix and do some tests.

If you wish to share updated login details, you can do so via our secure contact form. On the contact form make the subject to be "Attn: Lindeni Mahlalela" then in the Message box include the following:

- FTP login details (FTP host, port, username and password)
    - WordPress login details (username and password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference.

Once we have that, we will continue with further troubleshooting.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further issues or queries regarding this issue.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa