Marketpress coupons not working

Hi, I'm trying to get my site going but I have a few bugs. One is COUPONs. I setup a test coupon and tried to purchase something. I click on "Have a coupon code?", enter the coupon name and then it returns "Invalid Coupon Code". I'm sure the coupon name was entered correctly. Tried many times. I'm stuck. My site is a multisite. I created a coupon for one of the sites and tried to purchase an item from that site. How can I find out what's wrong?

I've got a funny feeling this is because I'm using a global shopping cart. I'd be happy to use global coupons but I can't see how to do that. If I can't use coupons, just because I'm using a global shopping cart, then I'll be exasperated.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test multisite using global shopping cart and found the coupon code created in main site is only working and the coupon codes created on other sub sites are working but displaying the error message "Invalid Coupon Code".

Is this the same case with you?

I have notified the plugin developer to get his valuable reply regarding whether the Coupon Code works on sub sites when the we use global shopping cart.

He will reply here ASAP. Please keep in mind though that plugin developers have a lot of responsibilities so this might take a bit longer than a normal ticket.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Tyler Postle

Hey Peter,

Hope you're doing well today! Apologies for the delay.

I didn't know there is a main-site and sub-sites. How do I tell the difference?

All multisites start out as a single site, that original site is referred to as the main site :slight_smile:

So, if your network is located at domain.com - then domain.com is the mainsite and your subsites would be domain.com/subsite1 or subsite1.domain.com depending how you have the network setup.

In your sites list which is located via: domain.com/wp-admin/network/sites.php

Your main site will show as just a slash. "/"

Also, when you have global cart active, all subsite checkouts are redirected to the mainsite checkout. Which is why you are only seeing mainsite coupons being valid. We will see what the developer says here and if there is anyway around it :slight_smile:

Enjoy your weekend Peter!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.