MarketPress crashes homepage slider, makes top nav dropdowns disappear

Hello! Am running MarketPress on WordPress 3.5.1 with Red Factory's New Business v1.2. The install was super easy but then today I realized the slider on our homepage has crashed (one image, no text, no sliding) and the dropdowns from our top nav bar have disappeared.

I deactivated MarketPress and everything's back to normal. Could this be because our original install was through the person who first installed the MarketPress plugin and the upgrade is through my account and there's a problem with that being from another account? Or is this more likely a conflict with either the WordPress install or the theme?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• JoyRose
    • New Recruit

Good idea - thanks! When I preview it in TwentyTwelve with the MarketPress plugin activated, there are some drop downs, but not all of them. That could be theme-related in general though? Because the slider that's on the homepage with the New Business theme didn't show up either.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya, @JoyRose

it could be a javascript issue, But I think this would be more for the theme developer to resolve, our plugins are tested with the default themes & frameworks that use Wordpress coding standards, if the theme you use could possibly utilise some custom or unorthodox methods or a different javascript library etc, this may in some instances cause issues.

try contacting the theme developer and see what he says, let us know either way what they say.

hopefully it may just be a simple fix.

hope this helps.

thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.