Marketpress – csv Import

Hi, I have the latest v of marketpress. I am using the importer and I have couple of questions:

1. which column in the csv do you add for the image / featured image?

2. how do you publish all ?

thks / A

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings andredenito,

1. which column in the csv do you add for the image / featured image?

At this time it cannot be done I am afraid to report, featured image, not because of our programming but because of the underlying WordPress engine requires the featured image to be within the media gallery on the host. We are mashing brains to get around this somehow though it may take some time ro come up with coding to beat this major built in feature.

2. how do you publish all ?

Are you referring to mass publishing posts all at one time?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings andredenito,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Fondeli
    • The Bug Hunter

There is currently no solution to this issue. Something I asked about too. Not very helpful to import 100s of products with no images.

I know this is a copy and paste response but would be nice if the orginal post was acknowledged! :slight_smile:

• andredenito
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Joe.

I was referring to mass posting. Ideally what I want to do is import say 6000 products via csv import and for them to show up, with pictures. The pictures are critical, no pictures, and the whole concept of using marketpress falls apart for me.

I understand that WordPress is coded in a way that makes it difficult to do the above. But surely there must be a workaround? Perhaps a separate csv import for media files?

Thanks > A

• jimmysessions
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

At this time it cannot be done I am afraid to report, featured image, not because of our programming but because of the underlying WordPress engine requires the featured image to be within the media gallery on the host. We are mashing brains to get around this somehow though it may take some time ro come up with coding to beat this major built in feature.

I think you can accomplish this via media_sideload_image function

checkout:

http://theme.fm/2011/10/how-to-upload-media-via-url-programmatically-in-wordpress-2657/

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Everyone,

Thank you for you feedback and concerns with this issue.

This issue exists because it is an issue of Featured Images coded within the core of WordPress itself, therefore obviously not an easy issue to overcome nor directly related to Market Press.

However, not only am I going to alert the developer to this obvious issue/problem but I am going to suggest a solution as well – basically making a feature request that for the csv importing there needs to be an option that the images can be rendered within Market Press as a URL bypassing the Featured Image feature of WordPress itself.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.