MarketPress Custom Product Page?

Hi! I love the MarketPress features EXCEPT I want to be able to build a custom product page. Very important that I can display what comes with my product in a manner I choose. How can I do this? thank you!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

This is a custom post type so something like this will let you check for the post ID, specific MarketPress pages:

if (is_page( '221' )){
    echo "This is page ID 221";
    }

Or if you just want to target the post type then you could do this:

if ( get_post_type() == "product" ){
    echo "This is a MarketPress page";
    }

Or something with:

is_singular('product');

Not sure if you saw but there is also a text file with some info on theming for MarketPress:

/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/Themeing_MarketPress.txt

Single Product Page

mp_product-PRODUCTNAME.php

mp_product-PRODUCTID.php

mp_product.php

Hope this helps.

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

You’re most welcome.

If you could explain more about what your desire is then I might be able to give some simple direction.

Somethings can seem complex when they’re not so I might still be able to advise with giving you to much of a learning curve. Anyway, if want to want to let me know then I can give you an idea of how complex or easy it might be :slight_smile:

When you’re ready and need more help then please feel free to open this thread back up or another thread so we can assist! :slight_smile:

Cheers.

• GlobalElements
    • New Recruit

I am having a similar issue. An example can be found here: http://pocketshot.com/dev/shop/shopping-cart/

My theme doesn’t display the code generated by MarketPress, despite the fact that I copied my page.php, and renamed it to mp_product.php. I believe I edited the page to call from MarketPress using the MP functions, but I am not certain because despite everything I do, it does not seem to be calling the theme page I created.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.