Marketpress Customize checkout Fields

Just wondering if I can customize the checkout fields on the Marketpress checkout? I need to modify the "Company" field and add an "Agree to waiver" link and checkbox.

Sorry if I am missing something obvious.

I am not opposed to building the template myself, but I don;t even know where the files are located.

Thanks in advance of all of your help.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @tomtranmer,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Currently there's no "click-and-point" way to add custom fields to checkout. This would most likely require custom development for which you may want to ask at our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

However, as I agree that it would make a great feature, I'm moving this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum and hopefully more members of our community will support the idea, thus giving our developers an incentive to include it in one of future releases of the plugin.

I'll also ask one of our developers if it would be possible to provide with some sort of simple code snippet that would help you do this. Please note though that his response time may be a bit longer than mine here on support forum. I'll keep you informed.

As for field modification. In case you'd like to change it's name only you could make use of "Network Wide Text Change" tool of our Ultimate Branding plugin. It let's you easily change strings/labels across your site (including admin back-end). Take a look here please:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

Best regards,
    Adam

• RGerhart

Is there a solution to this question, yet? I searched the whole WPMU Dev site repeatedly for a way to solve this issue, but can't find anything relevant to this question.
    I requested a way to add custom fields to the checkout in the year 2012, but nothing seems to have changed in MarketPress till now.
    Only my work around fell out lately and I was searching for a new way to get those legally required fields in correctly now.
    But except for an annual-fee-addon to MarketPress, I did not find anything. And I am not willing to pay anual fees in addition to the WPMU Dev-fees for a shop that does not make that money by far, as it only offers rarely used special product-forms, which are barely ever requested and not worth marketing via the main distributors and just offered as complimentary product form for special-needs users.
    Is there a solution to this error in MarketPress? As the way the shop so far collects the personal data for orders is illegal, so the whole shop software is useless to me right now.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.