Marketpress: Cut login-field

Hallo,

I've another problem: the field-length of the "track-order" is to wide for my theme, because it comes into the sidebar.

Could you please explain me how to cut the fields.

thx for your help.

Greetz

Markus

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again,

I highly recommend that you do not change things in the plugin code as you will lose those changes when you update the plugin.

I just took a look at that file via the source code of your site, and the CSS I gave you is not there. Please be sure you have added it to Shuttershot/style.css

Another option is to install Jetpack and use the Custom CSS module. That will work.
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jetpack/

• twix0815
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Patrick,

I didn't change anything in the plugin-code - really - promise :wink:

I think the site you looked was a private site of me...not the site with the "marketpress-plugin" :wink:

I work on a site for a client... (thenewtime.de)

But it didn't work...now I deleted the code from the style.css and "solved" the problem by hiding the "Login-Form"...

But this is not what i liked...

I don't know hoe to use the Custom CSS module of Jetpack :slight_frown:

Is there no easier way?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again,

I didn't change anything in the plugin-code - really - promise :wink:

LOL

I see that site is still under construction :slight_frown:

Exactly which theme from Elegant Themes are you using on that site? I'll try to reproduce the issue on a test site.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Oops, forgot about Jetpack.

Once you install the plugin, you will be prompted to create an account at WordPress.com. Follow the steps to do that (takes only a few minutes).

Then, when the plugin is activated, scroll down until you see the "Custom CSS" module. Click "Configure" and that module will auto-activate and redirect you to the page where you can add any custom styles you like.

The advantage of using this feature in Jetpack is that all your custom styles are in one place, and are applied even if you change themes. Plus, when you update things, you don't lose the changes.

• twix0815
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Patrick - thx for your help...

I use the inStyle by ElegantThemes....

Now I asked my client if he really likes to have a login-fuction for his client and he said: no !?!

So, for this time I don't need further help with this problem.

But thanks for your tip with "Jetpack" it sounds great...

Till next time :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.